PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/)
-   -   I was embarrassed :/ 2wd to 4x4 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-engine-exhaust-performance-21/i-embarrassed-2wd-4x4-481458/)

kr1s 04-22-2011 12:27 AM

I was embarrassed :/ 2wd to 4x4

Ha this is kinda :offtopic: sorta idk but whatever, So i was with my girlfirend and I know this spot which i go to lots of times with her to get our privacy ;)
BTW i'm 17 so i can't just go to my house like all you old fkrs ;P or get a hotel.
And well we finish our "Talk" in my RCSB 2000 silverado, and well its like a mini forrest/dirt track so i decide to go play in the dirt, while i'm already driving out going home my girlfriend starts talking and welll...... I didn't pay attention and landed myself into a ditch... -_- I know dumbass :sigh: ...... Haha point is we were stuck for a while untill my brother came in his Duramax for the save :hail::hail::hail:
Now reason i couldn't get out on my own was because my front tires were on the ground and my rear tires were in the air lol, if i had 4x4 i could've had a better chance.

Now my question is..... HOW MUCH TO MAKE A 2WD 4X4 AND WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE :)
P.s My girlfriend was just laughing her ass, so now i'm lifting my 2wd 3in and putting 33' Goodyear wranglers, Then hopefully 4x4 conversion, Hey I think it would be cool to launch in 4x4 ;) :drive:

black04 04-22-2011 12:38 AM

Save your money and sell the 2wd truck and buy 4x4.

kr1s 04-22-2011 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by black04 (Post 4686798)

That bad huh?

black04 04-22-2011 12:50 AM

either that or buy a 4x4 frame and front suspension and a new transmission and transfer case and start swapping.

kr1s 04-22-2011 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by black04 (Post 4686806)
either that or buy a 4x4 frame and front suspension and a new transmission and transfer case and start swapping.

:( I thought it was much more simple than that... hmm...

PathfinderJr 04-22-2011 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by black04 (Post 4686798)

+ eleventy billion

It won't be worth the time/sweat/money/etc to swap. If you want 4wd that bad, go hunt down a new truck.

kr1s 04-22-2011 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by PathfinderJr (Post 4686810)
+ eleventy billion

It won't be worth the time/sweat/money/etc to swap. If you want 4wd that bad, go hunt down a new truck.

Booo... :/ Oh well haha i can still put my 3in lift and tires :)

Three6GMC 04-22-2011 01:16 AM

It would be easier to put in the awd transfer case and drivetrain you would need to change the output shaft of the trans weld in the brackets for the front dif to mount to and would need of coarse the cv shafts and front propellor shaft. But like all the others said it would prob be cheaper to get a new truck. But hey it's your truck and this is hot rodding no one says it can't be done...

kr1s 04-22-2011 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Three6GMC (Post 4686815)
It would be easier to put in the awd transfer case and drivetrain you would need to change the output shaft of the trans weld in the brackets for the front dif to mount to and would need of coarse the cv shafts and front propellor shaft. But like all the others said it would prob be cheaper to get a new truck. But hey it's your truck and this is hot rodding no one says it can't be done...

Yeah i know but naa its to much sht, id rather do 3G's into a motor and interior than just making it 4x4. I never go mudding anyways ha I just always go into random places

black04 04-22-2011 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Three6GMC (Post 4686815)

It would be just as hard to make it awd as 4wd. It is the same concept. Transfer case, cv axles and suspension. I dont see how he could put cv axles through coil springs.