Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How To: Install a RADIX... done it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 12:08 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How To: Install a RADIX... done it?

have any RADIX users seen this on superchargersonline.com? is this a good interpretation of the install if you did it yourself and didnt do it professionally? (not sayin your not a pro or anything)

heres the link: http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=103

i was thinkin this couldnt be harder than the jet engines i work on... thanks.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

It looks pretty complete. The instructions that come with it really are good. They are very detailed. It's kinda scary at first look cause it's thick, but once you look through it you realize that some things are really drawn out, like putting the new manifold on is one step, removing the spacers for the bolts to go into place is another step, tightening them is another step, and torqueing them to spec is the 5th step in the relaivly simple task of put the blower on and bolt it down.

The hardest thing I thought was bending the fuel lines to get them to line up with that new pump.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:01 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if you follow the instructions that the kit comes with, it is to bad at all. Or you could always come to Cali and have us do it for you!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:36 PM
14 Second Truck Club

well, how much you charge?... the truck is in indy right now.. i'll probably do it there....
Old 12-09-2003, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I got quoted 450 in the Dallas area to do it. After doing it myself, it wasn't worth half that to me. The install is really simple. If you have a competant friend help you out, it should easily be accomplished in the weekend.

We started at about 6:30-7 on a Friday, and after the goofing off we did we test drove about the same time Saturday. We didn't get started until about 1 Saturday too. We also had to rig up my E-fans in that time as well as wire 3 new gauges which were a pain.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Teching In

The instructions that come with the Radix are very good and have lots of pictures but they are lacking in a few places. But if you have any common sense at all you can easily figure them out. The packaging is even better. Everything is packaged as you need it. In other words you don't just get a bag of bolts and wires and have to figure out where they go. Everything is seperated. Intercooler stuff is together, throttle body stuff is together,PCV stuff is together... I have had mine for almost a year and I don't know if they have been updated or not but I did point a few things out to the guy that I have dealt with at Magna Charger. My instructions listed intake manifold bolt torque as 98ft lbs instead of inch lbs, there was nothing listed about lengthening the throttle body wiring but there was a package of wires and butt connectors that matched the colors and lengths of wire needed. There also was not much said about the intercooler mounting yet the package of stuff had long and short bolts, spacers, and mounting brackets but common sense can figure it out. It took me about 8 hours to do the installation by myself and I wasn't trying to hurry at all. I could probably do the next one in 5-6 hours.
Karl
Old 12-09-2003, 04:20 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onyx_silverado
well, how much you charge?... the truck is in indy right now.. i'll probably do it there....

PM sent