Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with decisions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with decisions.

I know there are post about this stuff but some lack imformation that i need to know about there setups. First I have a 2006 reg cab chevrolet. It came factory with a 5.3L Lm7, 4l60e 3.73gr. I want to turbo it, I need to know about fuel. It says in the gas door that if i run e85 do not run any additives. So I think it is a flex fuel? (correct me if i am wrong). I bought the truck second hand from a car lot so they didn't really know. I have read that flex fuel injectors are higher flowing lbs? (correct me if im wrong). I planned on runing 8-10 psi. Here is my ?'s.... So what would i need for fuel? What can this truck handle? What fuel pump? What injectors? Would a custom cam help with more power? How much hp is ok on the stock motor? Anything I am not finding in the forums that i might need besides like turbo equipment. This truck has 69,000 miles doesn't get drove but maybe 2-3 times a week. I like to do stuff right the first time and have all of my stuff inline before I go pay for dyno time if you know what I mean. Any help, pointers, tips will be very appreciated.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06pcklm7
I know there are post about this stuff but some lack imformation that i need to know about there setups. First I have a 2006 reg cab chevrolet. It came factory with a 5.3L Lm7, 4l60e 3.73gr. I want to turbo it, I need to know about fuel. It says in the gas door that if i run e85 do not run any additives. So I think it is a flex fuel? (correct me if i am wrong). I bought the truck second hand from a car lot so they didn't really know. I have read that flex fuel injectors are higher flowing lbs? (correct me if im wrong). I planned on runing 8-10 psi. Here is my ?'s.... So what would i need for fuel? What can this truck handle? What fuel pump? What injectors? Would a custom cam help with more power? How much hp is ok on the stock motor? Anything I am not finding in the forums that i might need besides like turbo equipment. This truck has 69,000 miles doesn't get drove but maybe 2-3 times a week. I like to do stuff right the first time and have all of my stuff inline before I go pay for dyno time if you know what I mean. Any help, pointers, tips will be very appreciated.
Your truck is flex-fuel. gear I think your supposed to have 3.23? Since I have 2006 5.3 lm7 like as yours. Yes the injecot set up for e85. Able to boost below 5psi but you want 8-10psi you would need stick with #42 injectors or up. You will need a fuel pump 255lph high volume. Check it out on the sponors we have on right side to click. Custom cam check it out with http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/ Turbo kit check it out with KBRACING96 he got really good deal cheap $ http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/ I think for 5.3 stock motor will be ok for max 500hp. I have see around over 800hp on stock motor~!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking decisions

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Your truck is flex-fuel. gear I think your supposed to have 3.23? Since I have 2006 5.3 lm7 like as yours. Yes the injecot set up for e85. Able to boost below 5psi but you want 8-10psi you would need stick with #42 injectors or up. You will need a fuel pump 255lph high volume. Check it out on the sponors we have on right side to click. Custom cam check it out with http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/ Turbo kit check it out with KBRACING96 he got really good deal cheap $ http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/ I think for 5.3 stock motor will be ok for max 500hp. I have see around over 800hp on stock motor~!
Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct on the gear i have a friend that has the same truck with 3.23s also. But I bought this truck used it already had a custom tune and shift kit or servo, all the free mods. I have hptuners pro, and in the tune it says 3.73gr. I have basically the same thing you have i have obx lt and ypipe, and a cai. I bought a sts kit off the classfieds. It came with a inline walbro 255 and a gt67 off a 2000 model 2500hd (return fuel setup)? I bought this kit because i figured I could install with a little help, but I would love to see 500hp.