Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory fan harness installed... now issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory fan harness installed... now issues?

I got my 05 efans installed along with the factory harness out of the same truck I got my fans from. I ran the the blue wire to the blue 42 and the green to the other harness 33. Got my power for the harness at factory location on my 06. When I started my truck there both on high and wont shut off until I kill the truck. when I swap the actual fan plugs on the fan itself it runs the passenger side on high and driver off, if I turn the a/c on nothing happens.
Did I miss something? Whats going on?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Why did you 06 not already come with efans?

Have you had the computer tuned for them? The fans are ground activated, ie, when pin 42 is grounded, both fans are on low, when both pins 42 and 33 are grounded both are on high.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
Why did you 06 not already come with efans?

Have you had the computer tuned for them? The fans are ground activated, ie, when pin 42 is grounded, both fans are on low, when both pins 42 and 33 are grounded both are on high.
Its for my 2000. Yea wheatley tuned them on for me. I was just saying on my 06 I looked at the pcm and blue 42 has a green wire in it and green 33 has a blue wire in it? as soon as i start my 2000 they are both on high and thats the only thing they do? On these I ran the blue to blue 42 and the green to red 33 thats completely opposite from my 06. So I switched the blue with green and now they both run on low and when I turn on a/c nothing happens>?

Last edited by chevyridinhigh22; 06-10-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

OK the green wire should go to pin 42 and the blue wire should go to pin 33, just as it is on your 06 and just as it is in the schematic.

Get those wires adjusted properly, first. Then, you need to make sure you have the fan connectors going to the proper fan. Look for the connector with the yellow wire in it. This goes to the driver's side fan.

Once you have this in place, then tell us exactly what is happening with the fans. (I believe your passenger side fan is going to come on high)

I think your pin 33 is grounding when you turn the on. I believe either the tune is not quite correct or maybe the 2000 can't be tuned for pin 33. I believe people are saying the 2000 can be tuned for this, so maybe look at what could be wrong with the tune.

What exactly did Wheatley tune for you?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SnakeOiler
OK the green wire should go to pin 42 and the blue wire should go to pin 33, just as it is on your 06 and just as it is in the schematic.

Get those wires adjusted properly, first. Then, you need to make sure you have the fan connectors going to the proper fan. Look for the connector with the yellow wire in it. This goes to the driver's side fan.

Once you have this in place, then tell us exactly what is happening with the fans. (I believe your passenger side fan is going to come on high)

I think your pin 33 is grounding when you turn the on. I believe either the tune is not quite correct or maybe the 2000 can't be tuned for pin 33. I believe people are saying the 2000 can be tuned for this, so maybe look at what could be wrong with the tune.

What exactly did Wheatley tune for you?

I let him set up the tune so ill get with him and find out exactly what he tuned for... From what I remember he tuned pin 33 for factory a/c pressures and pin 42 for a little under factory temps....

As far as the switching the pins, ill just cut the blue and green wires somewhere in the middle and connect a blue to green and green to blue.
I tried that just by sticking 2 cut up wires in the factory harness right off of the fuse box and swapped them like that and instead of both on high they both where on low...? Ill check again tommorow.

On my 06 the yellow harness is on the passenger side, but ill double check that tommorow also...

Thanks snake looking forward to getting these right... They were definetaly moving some air and they didnt even seem to effect my voltage whatsoever, I believe thats a thanks to the factory harness!

Last edited by chevyridinhigh22; 06-10-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: TyPo
Old 06-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Launching!

What does this mean...?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just looked at your file,everything here should be fine.Temps,ac pressure and speeds are all fine.When you start the truck in the morning,do they run then also?
before the coolant temp is warm?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I just looked at your file,everything here should be fine.Temps,ac pressure and speeds are all fine.When you start the truck in the morning,do they run then also?
before the coolant temp is warm?
I got finished with the install this afternoon, thats when I first cranked it up and noticed the 2 fans on high... I figured maybe since the low coolant light was lit that was the reason for the fans on high. I let it cool down and fired it back up and the same results. Ill try and flip the green and blue tommorow and see if this corrects the problem.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyridinhigh22
I got finished with the install this afternoon, thats when I first cranked it up and noticed the 2 fans on high... I figured maybe since the low coolant light was lit that was the reason for the fans on high. I let it cool down and fired it back up and the same results. Ill try and flip the green and blue tommorow and see if this corrects the problem.
Cool,keep us posted!!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyridinhigh22
What does this mean...?
That is saying if you have RPO HP2 then the wires are in pin B and G of C120 connector. If you do not have RPO HP2 then the wire are in A and B of the C180 connector.

HP2 - Hybrid Propulsion Electric

Quick Reply: Factory fan harness installed... now issues?