Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory fan harness installed... now issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeOiler
That is saying if you have RPO HP2 then the wires are in pin B and G of C120 connector. If you do not have RPO HP2 then the wire are in A and B of the C180 connector.

HP2 - Hybrid Propulsion Electric
Okay, thanks! Well this mornging I go and crank it up and swapped the green to blue 42 and blue to red 33, I also moved the yellow fan harness to driver side and as soon as I cranked it the fans were on low and not high anymore. On pin 33 red it had a wire in it, I believe that to be the auto recirculate wire? I clipped it and its not in there with the blue wire... Thats the way to do it right?

Also I moved the yellow harness back to the passenger side like my 06 and there both were still on low. I also turned on the a/c and didnt change anything.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

The two pin holes should have been unoccupied... you cut the red wire?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
The two pin holes should have been unoccupied... you cut the red wire?
Blue 42 was unoccupied, red 33 had a green wire in it that I cut behind the pin and pulled the pin and occupied it with the blue wire from factory relay
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Launching!

I also pulled the blue wire out of the red 33 and the fans stayed on low. So that tells me that pin blue 42 is showing ground? I put the blue wire back in red 33 and turned a/c on and nothing happens. If the fans went on high with ac on I would think I was getting somewhere...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:31 PM
Launching!

I had a little more time with it earlier... I manually disconected the blue and green wires and grounded the green one then they both came on low... Ok, I then connected the blue wire and green to ground and they came on high.. That has to mean its the tune... Correct?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

That just means the harness is working correctly.

If I remember right, the older pcms (like yours) could just control the low speed with the pcm, and the high control was through the ac clutch. So you will have the green wire to pin 42 on the blue connector, and the blue wire to the ac clutch signal wire. If you cant find it at the pcm, follow it back from the ac and just tap it at some point.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
That just means the harness is working correctly.

If I remember right, the older pcms (like yours) could just control the low speed with the pcm, and the high control was through the ac clutch. So you will have the green wire to pin 42 on the blue connector, and the blue wire to the ac clutch signal wire. If you cant find it at the pcm, follow it back from the ac and just tap it at some point.

Ya but right when I start it both fans come on low with the green to blue 42 with the truck cold...?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyridinhigh22
Okay, thanks! Well this mornging I go and crank it up and swapped the green to blue 42 and blue to red 33, I also moved the yellow fan harness to driver side and as soon as I cranked it the fans were on low and not high anymore.
If both fans came on at a low speed then pin 42 is grounded. I assume the coolant was not hot enough to trigger this? If so, I believe that could be a tune problem.

Also I moved the yellow harness back to the passenger side like my 06 and there both were still on low.
That should not have happened. If pin 42 was triggered, as it seems above, then swapping the connectors, as you say, should turn on only the passenger fan at full speed.

On a side note: the yellow wire is for the driver side fan connector. I find it odd that your 06 is backward of that. I think someone might have reconnected them backwards, you should test the operation of those fans as well.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Launching!

When I pulled the fans off of the wrecked truck yellow was on the passenger side also... I bought my 06 brand new and has never been in any shop to have been switched??? Something is screwy here...
Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Launching!

The debate on whether the 99-02 is able to be tuned on pin 33 for a/c pressures and the answer is yes it can... A few guys on this thread have it done------>https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...%2Fc+pressures

Quick Reply: Factory fan harness installed... now issues?