Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple last minute turbo questions install questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple last minute turbo questions install questions.

Well its about time to put the turbo on and i have a couple last minute questions. I have a 40mm TAIL waste gate on its way, new stock jap spec Supra BOV on its way(hay it was $5 on ebay and its not loud), Audi TD intercooler on its way.

My problem right now is i have 2 turbo's to install and just one of each of the above. It would be easier to install the T4/T04 on my Blazer, but I've had the T76 sitting in my shop for 2 years or more. Which should i do? I'm leaning toward the Blazer.

Anyway, now for my questions.

1. Do i just plug the PCV and put a breather on the VC?
2. Where do i tap in for the boost gauge?
3. On my stock Blazer fuel system i know i can go 5.5psi of boost, but does this go more by CFM than PSI? I mean a small turbo takes 15psi to move the same air as a big turbo at 5psi.

4. Heres the dumb one. Does ANYONE know where the fuel pressure regulator is on a 4.3 and how i can up the fuel pressure?

Thanks for any help. Please hurry with some info before i screw something up.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

the pcv is a one way valve don't wory bout the and if you block it off you will creat hella crank case pressure (remember steveo's accord when he done that and it smoked really bad its becouse of all the pressure in the crank case and yes do put a filter on the vc you don't want boost going into the crank cas you'll get the same problem. for boost gauge and wastegate use the pcv its a big hose and you'll real acurate readings and boost control. we moved steveo's to here and trubo lag went down boost response went up. becouse if you put it where it is recomended ( on the compressure of the turbo) its going to give you turbo boost not manifold boost (pressure) that will make up for any pressure drop you may inquire. thats 1 and 2.
i'm guessing you won those others of ebay you were bidding on.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet. I got the BOV today. So your helping me with the install right? The HKS should be in mid next week.