Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finalizing build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Finalizing build

I have my LQ9 with the new cam, oil pump, timing chain, LS3 intake, and LS3 heads built adn got it in my truck this weekend. Last couple questions if anyone can help:

Well my stock passenger side valve cover from LQ9 wont work, hits rocker arms. So decided to get LS3 valve cover just that side. Solved

Coolant (steam) cross over for new LS3 heads. Back is plugged, so my stock LQ9 crossover fits, Use to go into throttle now it cant. People are saying plumb it into radiator at highest point?

Lastly is PCV system: read the best way is to buy a LS6 valley cover since I can install back my knock sensors in it as well, it has a opening that you can run left side outlet on LS3 intake to the valley cover then run the top TB outlet to the passenger side valve cover, then plug driver side back vent on valve cover. or should i plug driver side valve cover outlet to driver side outlet on intake.

Like i said i got easy part over, I am not familiar with LS3 setups just yet. Been doing research but usually get good advice on here.
Thanks
Old 10-28-2015, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my LQ9 with the new cam, oil pump, timing chain, LS3 intake, and LS3 heads built adn got it in my truck this weekend. Last couple questions if anyone can help:

Well my stock passenger side valve cover from LQ9 wont work, hits rocker arms. So decided to get LS3 valve cover just that side. Solved J

Coolant (steam) cross over for new LS3 heads. Back is plugged, so my stock LQ9 crossover fits, Use to go into throttle now it cant. People are saying plumb it into radiator at highest point? Yes I agree. I just did this exact mod out of necessity. My performance TB had no provisions for coolant. Thankfully the new 34" had a fitting for the hose on the passenger side of the tank up high.

Lastly is PCV system: read the best way is to buy a LS6 valley cover since I can install back my knock sensors in it as well, it has a opening that you can run left side outlet on LS3 intake to the valley cover then run the top TB outlet to the passenger side valve cover, then plug driver side back vent on valve cover. or should i plug driver side valve cover outlet to driver side outlet on intake. Better off having the subject matter specific experts chime in on this one...

Like i said i got easy part over, I am not familiar with LS3 setups just yet. Been doing research but usually get good advice on here.