Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which is better for FI motor??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
I think its a huge uphill battle with a centrifugal supercharger. If I had it to do over, I would've waited for the Radix to come out. I got my ATI about a year before it was released.

I really believe I would be faster with a radix@10psi and a 3000 stall, than I am with the ATI@11psi and a 3800 stall. You need horsepower under the curve to get these heavy things going.

Probably not what you want to hear, but an 8psi radix kit, and TOG's with your current stall will get you damn close to low 13's. Have you started installing the vortech yet?
Ya, Im kind of kickin myself in the ***. It seemed like the vortech with some other stuff would be more fun and faster, but its becoming more obvious that I was wrong. I already had the tuning covered, but I was just being stupid and wanted to be different. I havent installed it yet, but I really dont see a way out without losing my ***. Its still in the box
Old 03-30-2004, 11:31 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Ya, Im kind of kickin myself in the ***. It seemed like the vortech with some other stuff would be more fun and faster, but its becoming more obvious that I was wrong. I already had the tuning covered, but I was just being stupid and wanted to be different. I havent installed it yet, but I really dont see a way out without losing my ***. Its still in the box
I wonder if vortech or the vendor you bought it from would let you return it?
Old 03-30-2004, 01:12 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I really believe I would be faster with a radix@10psi and a 3000 stall... You need horsepower under the curve to get these heavy things going.

...but an 8psi radix kit, and TOG's ...
oohhh.. i love what i'm reading...
Old 03-30-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

I wonder if vortech or the vendor you bought it from would let you return it?
That would be cool, but I wouldnt want to ask. I got a great deal and I shouldve spent more time researching. Exchanging it would be a total pain in the *** for everyone involved. I'll be asking alot of questions and probably spend ALOT more money to get where I wouldve been just by doing the radix from the start. Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it!!!
Onyx: I hope you get before and after times Id love to see.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:57 PM
14 Second Truck Club

ya no prob.. i can tell you now.. with current set up at Tucson altitude.. a whopping slow *** 16.4 ......
Old 03-30-2004, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Well you're hear now to learn before doing anything. If you can return that Vortec and that Alk kit, I'd do it. The Radix is what you need for your Tahoe/Yukon. It makes power off idle where it's really going to make a difference. That centrifugal kit is better for light, top end racers.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Hate to keep bringing this up, but maybe if you told the vendor you'd be trading for a radix, they'd go for it. It can never hurt to call and at least feel them out. Even if you have to eat shipping.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Hate to keep bringing this up, but maybe if you told the vendor you'd be trading for a radix, they'd go for it. It can never hurt to call and at least feel them out. Even if you have to eat shipping.
This is a great point. I guess it wont hurt to try. I'll make it clear that it's up to them. I just dont want to seem unappreciative of the great deal. I was going to order the injectors tommorow, so thats $450, then the alk kit is another $400. I wish I wouldve just gone with the Radix to start.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

This is a great point. I guess it wont hurt to try. I'll make it clear that it's up to them. I just dont want to seem unappreciative of the great deal. I was going to order the injectors tommorow, so thats $450, then the alk kit is another $400. I wish I wouldve just gone with the Radix to start.
Let us know what happens.