Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone installed Calspeed 1 7/8" headers on a 2WD with out the heat/hammer mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
The only posts / threads I am aware of that have any type of fitment issue relates to people who purchased our 2WD headers for a 4WD / AWD application (Our headers are only a direct fit for 2wd).
Cal Speed,

When I first looked at your headers, I swear on my life it said fits 4wd and 2wd applications or something of that nature. Not calling you a lier or anything, just saying what I swear I saw. Others have agreed that they remember reading something like that also. I used to have yalls page bookmarked, but no longer have it

If people are having such bad fitment issues, maybe your supplier if Fin you over or something or who ever builds them for you (it could be human error on some peoples parts for fitment issues and for others, like me who used them on a 4wd but never know). Because if you say they fit and are all exactly the same headers for the NBS and NNBS then they should all fit IMO, especialy since you have said that you installed them on both the NBS and NNBS 2WD with no problems.......
Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with your fitment is the tailgate's not closed properly. They've done several installs in their shop and found that when the tailgate isn't closed properly, they've had to heat up the headers and beat the **** out of them with a hammer, for proper fitment. But now that you guys have heated the headers and dented them, there's no returning them. Just know it was your tailgate. Should've measured you gate's width first before buying. Everybody knows that.

Cknox121, they had to edit their page because of a thread on this site showing how the 4WD fitment was anything but a "fit".
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CC05

Cknox121, they had to edit their page because of a thread on this site showing how the 4WD fitment was anything but a "fit".
I know they did! I know I remember reading it. I still wish I had that page. But overall Im happy, cheap and easy, I only had to dent about 1/8 to 1/4 inch so not to terrible.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is y i bought f-body headers for my 2wd and they fit without beating the **** out of them just my 2 cents
Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
this is y i bought f-body headers for my 2wd and they fit without beating the **** out of them just my 2 cents
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
What header is that design for? Id rather not inject exhaust gases directly into the cabin of my vehicle

These headers havent been out long at all and with all the people already complaining Im sure there will be more.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

With all the probs people have with these im glad they were sold out when I went to order and I went with Pacesetter, they slid right in.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by tylertxss
With all the probs people have with these im glad they were sold out when I went to order and I went with Pacesetter, they slid right in.
Our 1-3/4" that are sold out have 100% just as good fitment on 2wd applications.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

While we have your attention. Can you tell us where these are made? Address? Picture of facilities?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok my 1-3/4 dont even clear my frame on the p-side and my stearing shaft on the d-side. I had to bash the **** out of my tranny cross member to get the Y-pipe to clear.

I changed my tranny and both motor mounts still same issue (made the stearing shaf worse) I had to smooth out my stearing shaft and hammer the headder. I havnt taken the p-side header out to clearence my frame and headder.

2wd 02 truck.

not even close to the pics cal speed posted in the 2nd page of this thread

I dont know how they would get 1-7/8 to clear

For what i paid IDC!!!! they work just fine.

Quick Reply: Anyone installed Calspeed 1 7/8" headers on a 2WD with out the heat/hammer mod?