ABS module stuck ON??? HELP! - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums



GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS module stuck ON??? HELP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 590
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default ABS module stuck ON??? HELP!

2001 1500 Silverado.

One day I go out to the truck and the batter is dead...hmm weird.

Well turns out the ABS was activated or something of that nature(stuck closed/open) and killed the battery.

Now we are having a hell of a time trying to find relays etc to figure out how to fix it. The extended warranty said "sorry"

Now let's not go off and bash warranties I need some help. Any ideas where the relay for this thing is or does it even have one? Not the fuses...

thanx
guadofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
TECH Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,492
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Look for the sound, unplug it from the ABS module.
Hit Man X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:15 PM   #3
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (12)
 
Buckwheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: N. Colorado
Posts: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, it is a fuse. Located in the panel under the hood on the driver's side. It's one of the big ones. You can also crawl under the driver's side frame rail and just unplug the phucker. Mine's been out for almost a year.
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
TECH Enthusiast
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 590
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So the fix is a new ABS module I guess?
guadofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
Launching!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver, Washinton
Posts: 232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guadofreak
So the fix is a new ABS module I guess?
Or you can try this I have is saved off another board.

ABS DIY to save some big $$$$

Itīs been a while since my last post still bot my truck
just havenīt done much to/with it lately.
I donīt know who is subscribing to the chevytrucks group @yahoogroups.com but I thought I should share this with you as how to fix your EBCM (ABS) module if you have some soldering skills past that from soldering pipes etc.
If not there are some guys that will do this job for you for $100 plus shipping: http://www.circuitsolutions.info/

But here the DIY version:

"When you look at the control board, you have your 12V input and 12V out to
the small motor. The MOSFET is the larger one close to this 12V out. The
one that was in mine was a Philips BUK9608. I replaced it with an
International Rectifier IRL2505S. You can order them form DigiKey.com part
number IRL2505S-ND.

Replacing it is the easy part, its getting to this guy that is hard part.
From the factory, the circuit board is dropped in the housing and then
soldered in. So you will have to unsolder the 12V power pins, the 12V power
pins out to motor, and the sensor connector pins (about 10-12 pin connector)
before you can remove the circuit board from the housing.

If you go through all this effort to fix the problem, do yourself a favor
and solder a diode across the "12V out to the small motor" (like a
FR302DICT-ND from DigiKey) to protect the MOSFET (band towards the positive
side)."
whitez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #6
TECH Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,492
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope, replace the electronics on top of the ABS unit. A&A Pickup and Van down here in Kennedale, Texas sells new take offs for ~$125 or so. I had to get one for the '99 Z71 I owned.
Hit Man X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Having problem with where to solder diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitez71 View Post
Or you can try this I have is saved off another board.

ABS DIY to save some big $$$$

Itīs been a while since my last post still bot my truck
just havenīt done much to/with it lately.
I donīt know who is subscribing to the chevytrucks group @yahoogroups.com but I thought I should share this with you as how to fix your EBCM (ABS) module if you have some soldering skills past that from soldering pipes etc.
If not there are some guys that will do this job for you for $100 plus shipping: http://www.circuitsolutions.info/

But here the DIY version:

"When you look at the control board, you have your 12V input and 12V out to
the small motor. The MOSFET is the larger one close to this 12V out. The
one that was in mine was a Philips BUK9608. I replaced it with an
International Rectifier IRL2505S. You can order them form DigiKey.com part
number IRL2505S-ND.

Replacing it is the easy part, its getting to this guy that is hard part.
From the factory, the circuit board is dropped in the housing and then
soldered in. So you will have to unsolder the 12V power pins, the 12V power
pins out to motor, and the sensor connector pins (about 10-12 pin connector)
before you can remove the circuit board from the housing.

If you go through all this effort to fix the problem, do yourself a favor
and solder a diode across the "12V out to the small motor" (like a
FR302DICT-ND from DigiKey) to protect the MOSFET (band towards the positive
side)."
Having a problem on where to solder diode can you help with a pic or drawing. Great info thanks for the help.
motivemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Dewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivemedia View Post
Having a problem on where to solder diode can you help with a pic or drawing. Great info thanks for the help.
check the thread dude. it's dated from '04
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No kidding, but in a bind

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycutt.dewey View Post
check the thread dude. it's dated from '04
Thanks for the input. I appreciate you cluing in with good information. I'll contact you next time I really need a mystery solved.
motivemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
05 1500hd vehicle speed sensor problem RustyD 8-Lug Truck Performance 4 05-23-2016 07:04 PM
Brake Module Leak Jordan927 GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 3 11-10-2015 02:47 AM
ISO nbs steering knuckles Blklgt WTB (Wanted To Buy) 2 09-28-2015 03:21 PM
Need help with 2007 computer and efilive COS supershift67 Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring 2 09-18-2015 08:21 PM
Need some help on 83' c10 cousblake11 GM Engine & Exhaust Performance 0 09-09-2015 06:52 PM


Tags
2004, abs, air, cummins, diesel, diy, ebcm, fl, gm, modulator, module, mosfet, repair, silverado, solder, stuck, tampa

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: