Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99-06 Silverado 4.8/5.3/6.0 Silicone Hose Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 99-06 Silverado 4.8/5.3/6.0 Silicone Hose Kits

As some of you may have seen on the forums Facebook page already, I'm preparing to release a 5 piece silicone hose kit for the 99-07 4.8/5.3/6.0 trucks. The kit will include the three molded hoses pictured, including the one piece heater/overflow y hose to replace the OEM three piece design that is prone to leaking, as well as the second heater hose and the overflow to rad hose. As I mentioned before, the only company currently offering silicone hoses for this application is Mishimoto, but they only offer the upper and lower radiator hose (2 piece kit) and are priced at $300 for just the two hoses.

I thought I would share some photos of my prototype set for those of you who have been looking for Silicone hoses for these trucks.

The test fit of my prototype molded hoses went well, and I have given the green light on the production of the first batch of these. The fitment of the prototype set of the molded hoses was excellent. Standard colors will be black, blue, and red. Additional custom colors will be available, but subject to additional cost and lead time.

If you're interested in reserving a set of these, you need to contact me now. The first batch of these will be very limited. The pricing on the five piece kit will be very close to the price Mushimoto is offering their two piece kit for.

Old 12-25-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

May have missed it but what’s the price??
Old 12-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06 4.8
May have missed it but what’s the price??
I didn't want to publically list a final price just yet, for a couple of reasons. One being that I want to be certain of what I have invested in the R&D and production once all is said and done. And two being that this is not a sale post, as they are not available yet (expected to be available around the first of the year). Rather, I wanted to post this as a pre-release post to allow those to reserve an opportunity to purchase from the first production run, which will be very limited. That being said, I mentioned above that I am fairly certain that I'll be able to release these at nearly the same price point as the two peice Mishimoto set currently sells for ($300). The difference being that my set will be a complete 5 piece kit, including the Y-Branched heater hose that is a common failure point on these trucks.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

In that case, put me on the list
Old 12-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06 4.8
In that case, put me on the list
Will do, I appreciate it. Are you interested in black, blue, or red?
Old 12-26-2017, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbrown1320
Put me down for a set in red when ready!!!
Old 12-26-2017, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious. Is there any advantage using these over factory other than looks?
Old 12-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nwfjarhead
Just curious. Is there any advantage using these over factory other than looks?
Absolutely, there are several advantages to silicone hoses beyond just their cosmetic apect. Primarily the higher resilience to high underhood heat (such as in a turbocharged application, or even just the additional heat from long tube headers). They do not harden up or dry rot from excessive heat, these have an operational heat range of -40 to 475 degrees. These hoses will maintain their pliability and flexibility throughout their entire lifespan. Further more, the multi-ply silicone can handle much higher pressures than traditional rubber, these hoses are burst tested to 250psi and can sustain operational pressures up to 72.5psi (about 4.5 times the standard cooling system pressure). Silicone is much more impervious to oil based contaminants, and will not break down like rubber when exposed to oil or other lubricants. When compared to rubber hoses, the service life of silicone is unparalleled, these would likely be the last set of hoses you would ever need to purchase for the truck.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by darkirish63
Put me down for a set in red when ready!!!
Got it, thank you!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gbrown1320
Black please sir

Quick Reply: 99-06 Silverado 4.8/5.3/6.0 Silicone Hose Kits