Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Trouble with Brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Trouble with Brakes?

Hey guys,
Just wanted to run this one past ya to get some opinions....
A few months back, I took the ole truck out for a spin, drove around for a while... Then on the way home, when I pressed on the brakes, the pedal was unusually soft, and went almost all the way down to the floor, which is not normal. So I brought it home, checked the fluid level... It was fine. Well I let it set for a few days, then decided I was going to look in to the issue... Went to drive, the brakes were fine... Didnt think much more about it. So Ive been driving the truck now at least 2 or 3 times a week with no problems for about 6 months. But today I took it out, and the same thing happened on the way home, Brakes went soft right before I got back to the house, I parked it, fluid is fine.... Ohh and the back wheels were hot, almost too hot to touch... but this could have been from having to ride the brakes longer to stop?

Let me know if any of you have seen this issue...

Thanks,
CrunkGM99
Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cailper or parking brake sticking? Causing the fluid to boil which can cause a soft low pedal. Most light stop and go, if the wheels are to hot to touch something prolly sticking a little, it all depends on the conditions of cousre though.