Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo Install About Done

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Transgo Install About Done

About to get the trans back together. About 6 hours in it today.What a serious PITA Couple more hours in the morning and I should be ready to try her. I hope this was worth it and it works. I do not want to do this again for a long while.

Can anybody recommend tune. Should I leave the Radix modified trans tables in it or should I load back the stock tables? Somewhere in between?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with nelson tune....also did ya replace both of the Accumulator Pistons??? im gunna go threw mine and gunna throw pinless ones in mine cause they hold more fluid and etc...and dont gotta worry about the pins busting threw ur cheap stock plastic ones
Old 05-15-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Faze2183
go with nelson tune....also did ya replace both of the Accumulator Pistons??? im gunna go threw mine and gunna throw pinless ones in mine cause they hold more fluid and etc...and dont gotta worry about the pins busting threw ur cheap stock plastic ones
I have HP Tuners. Gonna tweak myself. Just wanted a starting point. I replaced the plastic 2nd piston with aluminum. I didn't know there was a plastic one in the valve body. Would have gone pinless here had I known. I will not be tearing into again just for that.

I buttoned it up this morning and have made a small test run. At least its working. Did notice a big difference in kickdown shifts. Shifts much faster. Full throttle 2-3 is definately firmer. I've not done a hard 1-2 shift yet.