Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Problems with new 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with new 4L60E

I orderd the limited street rebuild kit from pro built and had the tranny shop in my area rebuild it, i also got a fuddle racing 3200 converter. After getting the tranny back and installed, at WOT when it shifts from first to second it falls on its face, then when it shifts from second to third it slips pretty bad. And it also shudders when locked up in fourth gear...any ideas? We have been talk ing to the guy at pro built and he keeps telling us to try this and try that and nothing has changed and i am getting tired of messing with it...please help...
Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastlane_Fab
I orderd the limited street rebuild kit from pro built and had the tranny shop in my area rebuild it, i also got a fuddle racing 3200 converter. After getting the tranny back and installed, at WOT when it shifts from first to second it falls on its face, then when it shifts from second to third it slips pretty bad. And it also shudders when locked up in fourth gear...any ideas? We have been talk ing to the guy at pro built and he keeps telling us to try this and try that and nothing has changed and i am getting tired of messing with it...please help...
Falling on it's face after 1-2 shift is Torque Management. Becomes EXTREMELY noticeable when you install a shift kit. The computer senses abuse and retards timing drastically reducing power for a couple seconds. You can remove TM with programming (Custom tune or HPTuners or others).

The slipping problem and shuddering problem sound like the rebuild was not done properly. I would talk to the shop that did it. Also, there are many other "updates" that a knowledgeable builder will do but a ma and pop may not do.