Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

LineLock with ABS

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its actually very simple. Line lock goes in between the master cyl. and the ABS box. i believe on our trucks it was the rear brake line that goes into the front brakes. i ran SS brake lines from the master cyl to the line lock. and then ss to the ABS box. i left the stock line on the truck dead. came in handy when i had to take it back off. This way you hold brake down, flip switch, let brake go. front brakes are now locked.

Then have fun!

switch location on my truck

Last edited by dieselracer; 08-20-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was reading before that there was an issue w/ locking before the abs...but, it sounds like there isn't...thanks for the info!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Am Going To Try This`
Old 08-20-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

which way...front (before the abs) or back (after the abs)?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Teching In

i put it before the abs box. i had over 500 passes using the line lock on my truck. with no issue. I wasnt sure if it was going to work when i first did it. but i went for it and it worked great. Help save my Posi unit and rear brakes, had no trouble on my truck. i mounted my Line lock on fire wall. and used new braided line from the Master Cylinder to the Line lock, and to the ABS box. install is easy. took me and a buddy about an hour or so to do the lines. then took me about 30 minutes to run the wiring. got Ground from a bolt on bottom part of the hood latch, and power from the red box. i got the hurst Line lock for about 110 or 120 dollars, plus the cost of the lines. i went to my local speed shop that made the brake lines to the size i wanted them and the buy the fittings. i dont remeber the cost, but wasnt much. Great mod!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

You have any pics of the lines going to the linelock from the master cylinder? Sounds like it's basically hooked up the same way SLP does there's for the fbody.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:46 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

i didnt read this thread to see if nay one esle said this but get the line lock, right after the ABS module , on the line feeding the rear breaks, mount the line lock backwards(blocking the flow) engage the line lock, then mash the brakes (will only be the front ones) and youre set
Old 08-20-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it on the rear as well. I didn't think I could do it on the front because of the abs. I wish I knew, I would have done it on the front as well. I got the jegs cheap lock, it is now leaking. I didn't want to even try it at the track last time. I have to get another one.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
You have any pics of the lines going to the linelock from the master cylinder? Sounds like it's basically hooked up the same way SLP does there's for the fbody.
I no longer have iton the truck. but i have pictures of the line lock with the brake lines. as you can see, the top line (short line) went to the master cylinder and the side one went to the ABS box (long line). Hope it helps.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

which port on the master cylinder is for the front?

Quick Reply: LineLock with ABS