Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

LineLock with ABS

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gmracer that locks the rear brakes out then you use the pedal to hold the front

wanna go fast - you are correct
Old 06-29-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Cool thanx. On a scale 1 to 10 what would you rate this install? 10 being the hardest.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh, lol i still dont completly understand and im about to order the kit from Summit. so the module am I still hookin it up to the front brake lines? what do you mean backwards, what happens if i just put it on the way they say too.?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:03 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMracer
ahh, lol i still dont completly understand and im about to order the kit from Summit. so the module am I still hookin it up to the front brake lines? what do you mean backwards, what happens if i just put it on the way they say too.?

There are three lines coming off the ABS module, (there is five lines all together) two for the front brakes, one for the rear.

On a normal Line lock set-up you would have one line going to the front and then splitting to both wheels. You would put the line lock before the front line splits for each wheel, so that when the lock is turned on it allows fluid to flow one way, and you could "pump up" the pressure with the pedal. But the front brakes would still have pressure after you release the pedal if the lock still had power.
Still with me?

On our set up, we simply install the lock on the rear brake supply rather than the front, but we also make sure to install it so it block the flow going to the rear brakes instead of letting us build up the pressure like a standered line lock. If you install it the way they say too, the rear brakes will lock and stay locked until the line lock is turned off.
The draw back is that you still have to use the brake pedal to lock the front wheels, so in a clutch application it gets tricky, but you can also feather of the brakes (front only) and roll forward.
And the burn outs are just plain sweet . I didn't get mine for performance, simply show.

Installing the lock is not too hard. Things to think about.
You will need a tubing cutter and a DOUBLE end flaring tool. I would never use a single end flare on brake lines. Also a tubing bender also helps but you don't need it. (Just be careful not to kink the line.)
Also some fluid, DOT 3. And a helper to bleed the brakes.
If you order the kit from summit, don't get there install kit with the lines. The lines are much too small and you don't need any brake lines anyway.

Here is a pic of mine installed, I used thin sheet metal for the mount and will be replacing it later, so don't give me no crap. lol

Old 06-30-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

So....what you want to do when you hit the line lock button is block fluid from the rear wheels, Right? You still have to hold the brake pedal down to keep the front wheels from spinning. If you forget to hit the button to release the line lock, you'll only have front brakes, right?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by wkdivr
So....what you want to do when you hit the line lock button is block fluid from the rear wheels, Right? You still have to hold the brake pedal down to keep the front wheels from spinning. If you forget to hit the button to release the line lock, you'll only have front brakes, right?
Yep.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

GOT IT!! LOL thnx so when i order from summit just buy the linelocks and get the following tools, dont get the install kit and im set?!
Old 06-30-2005, 06:43 PM

I forgot to mention the pipe fitting, you will need two brake line end for 1/4 lines I believe. and fittings to adapt to the lock. I had to buy the tube to get the fittings from a local brake shop.
I bought two lines (four fittings) P.M me if you want them I'll send them to ya real cheap.(under five bucks)
Old 08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

could you install 2 line locks on the front lines to get this to work right?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Think I Am Going To Try A Put 3 On My Truck One In Back And 2 In Front

Quick Reply: LineLock with ABS