Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Line Lock Install on 02 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Lock Install on 02 silverado

so today i plan on doing my line lock so ill be ready for our truck race day at ennis coming up...

from people in the know which way have you done/prefer??

you can lock the front wheels with the solenoid.

and i know some people lock out the pressure from the rear of the truck so you can control the front roll of the vehicle with peddle pressure.

before the ABS block? after the ABS block? off the master cylinder? how have yall done this??

plus any tips/tricks/advice would be appreciated...

i had given THIS LINK to a thread a long time ago on here about how people rane theirs.... i plan on going with the hard lines and not SS braided... but any other advice would help out greatly..

thanks fellas :nunchuk1:
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my advice is in the thread already... I didnt "dare" mount mine before the the abs controller...
Old 04-25-2009, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

yeah i was pretty much planning on using almost the same placement and mounting procedure from the pictures that you posted on the 2nd page...

it seems like it would be the easier/safer way to do it....
Old 04-25-2009, 10:36 AM

The only thing I would change now is the placement of the lock , and the metal used. I have a welder at home so I would do something a bit nicer now. The lock is somewhat in the way when I have to pull the torsion bar cross member....
Old 04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

roger that...

mine is just a 2wd auto so that really wouldnt be in the way short of changing the fuel filter... but ill move fore and aft depending on where it is...

so let me double check before i dive into this...

in that particular setup, i would run the "OUT" to the ABS box and the "IN" fitting towards the rear brakes of the truck.... correct?

there were so many opinions, thoughts, suggestions, tips, tricks, etc etc in that previous thred that i got lost in all of it...
Old 04-25-2009, 10:45 AM

yep. out forward, in toward the rear. but the line lock will only lock out the rear brakes. you will still have to hold the front brakes with the pedal..
Old 04-25-2009, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

yessir thank you... thats what my goal was... your help is very much appreciated
Old 04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok so let me see if I understand this correctly ( I would like to do this in a bit as well )......

This can be done one of two ways (or both I guess):

1) you can mount the line lock reverse in the rear brake line after the abs and this keeps the brake fluid from getting to the rear brakes so you can hold the pedal down and engage the front brakes only.

OR....

2) you can mount the line lock on the front line, hold the pedal down then switch the lock which would hold pressure on the front brakes while still alowing the rears to spin freely, but this way you dont have to hold the pedal the whole time.

Is this correct? so either way you are simply locking the front wheels while the rears are free to spin, the difference is one you hold the brake pedal to lock the front wheels and the other way the line lock holds the front wheels. Is this right? Thanks.

Sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

this is how i did mine a little differant works awsome BTW yall be very happy you installed a line lock i know i am my tires hate me
Name:  parts117.jpg
Views: 5288
Size:  113.4 KB
Old 04-25-2009, 06:16 PM
SPAM HUNTER

So alot of people are blocking the rear brakes from being applied. I read the thread listed before, and saw that 2 people had installed it like intended (to keep front brakes applied) Has anyone at all had any trouble with this at all?

Dustin

Quick Reply: Line Lock Install on 02 silverado