Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Line Lock Install on 02 silverado

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

seems to me that you would want it on the rear so you can just let of the pedal to roll up to the line when the burn out is done rather than having to re apply the brakes then flip the switch so you can roll up to the line after the burnout. Maybe I am thinking of it wrong though.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 53bowtie
seems to me that you would want it on the rear so you can just let of the pedal to roll up to the line when the burn out is done rather than having to re apply the brakes then flip the switch so you can roll up to the line after the burnout. Maybe I am thinking of it wrong though.
you should only have to let off the button or press it once your burnout is complete, I have a hurst roll control laying around somewhere I may throw in the truck next weekend
Old 04-26-2009, 10:10 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am considering installing a line lock. I would think that you would be in for a nasty surprise at the end of the track if you forgot to re-engage the rear brakes after your burnout. Wouldn't it be safer to lock the fronts?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
I am considering installing a line lock. I would think that you would be in for a nasty surprise at the end of the track if you forgot to re-engage the rear brakes after your burnout. Wouldn't it be safer to lock the fronts?
It is pretty obvious when you dont have the rear brake when launching.. but that is a good point....
Old 04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrX
Put a small LED next to the switch to indicate it being on. Or use a switch that already has one.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Put a small LED next to the switch to indicate it being on. Or use a switch that already has one.
yup thats what i did its so bright that if you did leave it on you must be deaf dumb and blind
Old 04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

im going to have mine where i have a switch to turn on (with LED) and then also a momentary button that i use to lock out the rear brakes. that way its almost impossible to have them always INOP
Old 04-26-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrX
A momentary switch would prevent this. The only problem is you would have to hold it down the whole time during your burnout. Just a thought.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

yeah thats how i plan on running mine...

ill have pics up soon of the braket and line lock in place
Old 11-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Teching In

I know this thread is ancient, but I just installed a line lock on my rear brakes to turn them off. unfortunately I followed the instructions (that it came with for front line lock) and my inlet is from the booster, and my outlet is to the rears. When I turn the solenoid on and press the brake, my rear brakes are still working, but since the solenoid is energized it holds pressure in the rears when i take my foot off the brake. It seems that I needed to install the line lock backwards. Anyone else come across this?

Quick Reply: Line Lock Install on 02 silverado