Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Bushing Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushing Kits

Hey i am looking to replace all of my front end bushings pretty soon. Does energy suspension make a full front end kit, or just a master set? If they do not make a full kit what are all of the bushings that I would need? My truck is a 99 sierra. 2wd Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what kits are available, but if they're made of the same urethane that they used to be, be prepared for a creaky noisy front end over bumps
Old 01-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Not sure what kits are available, but if they're made of the same urethane that they used to be, be prepared for a creaky noisy front end over bumps
what kind of suspension would you recommend instead of energy suspension?
Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by Custombrew
what kind of suspension would you recommend instead of energy suspension?
Wish I could help, but I haven't done any research on upgraded bushing kits...there's a lot of info about lowering options around here though, as well as upgraded front sway bars and add on rear sway bars. A good set of shocks will make a world of difference also. For stock height, I loved my Bilstein HD's, and Belltech makes a Street Performance shock for lowered applications that has gotten rave reviews.

I haven't heard of too many guys upgrading their bushings and/or body mounts, but I'm sure someone around here has done it, and hopefully they'll see your thread and be able to post some positive input for you
Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Wish I could help, but I haven't done any research on upgraded bushing kits...I haven't heard of too many guys upgrading their bushings and/or body mounts, but I'm sure someone around here has done it, and hopefully they'll see your thread and be able to post some positive input for you
I haven't done bushings to my 04 nor do I know if I will. I might 1 day, but I don't need to unless I wanna upgrade. Nothin is worn so I'll leave it alone. If I rack up 100k 1 day I might after inspecting.

Some years back I had a 71 Ventura (think Nova but from Pontiac). I upgraded to a beefier sway in front, all new stock suspension (tie rods, ball jts., etc), poly bushings thru out suspension but I forgot if I did body mts. I think I may've left stock body mounts, but IDK cause it was awhile ago & I don't have car anymore. I miss it.
Anyway, put on new shocks & BFG T/A Radials too. It handled something incredible. I think the poly bushings helped rid slop, but since I did so much, it was 1 of many. I didn't have any squeaks from my poly bushings.

Energy Master kit is all I've heard of for our trucks.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

I did a total energy suspension urethane kit on my escalade EXT. which is set up the same on the front end but more bushings on the back end. And as for the creaky sound that budhayes is talking about. They were installed wrong. you cant just loosen off all your suspension components and not lube them up before putting them in. I got a heavy duty suspension shop put them in for me. And it was worth the money. But my bushings and **** were all worn out. trust me though. It feels like it handles tigher. doesnt move around on the highway in the ruts or anything with my 22's. worth it....
Old 01-31-2010, 08:35 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Only problem with lubing suspension bushings is that it allows them to slip and defeats the purpose of a stiffer suspension bushing. It should be noted though, that if you do elect to replace the bushings, they should be tightened up with the vehicle on the ground so that they are at rest with the full weight and stance of the vehicle on them...this will help to avoid the characteristic poly creak that I referred to