Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

03 silverado ss transmission problems need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 silverado ss transmission problems need some help

I bought another ss a few weeks ago and by the time i got it home 3-4 were gone. called the guy up i bought it from he said it was still under warranty because it was just rebuilt a few months ago. I lived too far away from there to take it back there it wouldn't of made it so i rebuilt it myself. Everything checked out inside the tranny accept the 3-4 clutches were burnt. I put a corvette servo, alto single sided a-pack 3-4, and there high end reds everywhere else, i also drilled the spacer plate, replaced the tcc pwm solenoid, and the 3-2 downshift solenoid, and turned the valve around in the 3-2 to prevent the 1870. all new seals and bushings of course. Put it back in the truck and as soon as i started it i got the p1810 hoping it was just electrical and wanted to drive it to see the truck ran great nice firm shifts into all gears. drove it for 25 miles. then i pulled out of a parking lot and shifted into second and then the rpms just kept going up and wouldnt shift out of second into third. if i get them up high enough and let off it kind of shifts but acts like its in neutral. Any ideas??? i couldnt of burnt those clutches already.....
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Teching In

UPDATE: took it back apart with a friend at his transmission shop. cleaned everything up checked clearances were good put back in drove good again around the block. next day same thing no 3-4. went back up took valve body out cleaned pressure switch and manifold pressure put back together. drove down the road great nice firm shifts... on way back was shifting into 4th rpms went all the way up and had no gears after that just clicking as its running..... this is crazy. Anyone have any ideas or dealt with anything like this before?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Teching In

has anyone ever dealt with the p1810 and can shed some light on this. I replaced the pump, neutral safety, a few solenoids, still having issues.