Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

** Need Help/Opinions On 07+ RCSB Drop **

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ** Need Help/Opinions On 07+ RCSB Drop **

Ok first off I did some searching and reading first. I have a couple questions about the stance I want. Would c-notching the newer body (07+) style be the same as notching the older? When I did a search I found alot of info on c-notching in general, but didnt find any write ups about the newer body style. So if everything is basically the same I should be fine.

What is the limitations of the c-notch? Like whats the lowest you can go if you have a notch ( assuming you have low pro tires on a 20" wheel )? Im not saying I want to push the limit, I was just curious. Im wanting/flirting with the idea of a 7/9 drop...opinions?

I googled " 08 Silverado 7/9 drop" and got this pic
I really like that stance, but I dont know what he did to achieve it.

Whats your opinions/advice on this idea?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Notching the NNBS is a pita because they are a boxed frame, so no it wont be the same as doing a GMT800. 4/7 seems to be the most popular drop on these trucks and doesn't require notching.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to go 7/9 do front- 4"Djm arms + 2" spindles( mcg, belltech, ground force) + belltech struts set at 1" drop. You can always go up to 6" since the struts are adjustable.
The rear is just a 7" flip kit(mcg, belltech, djm) + 2" drop shackles( mcg, belltech,djm).
You will most certainly need a notch for anything over 7"
There are some who say you need a notch at 7" but it's a matter of preference.
I don't have a notch but I have helper bags witch helpe bottom out less.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

Notching the NNBS is a pita because they are a boxed frame, so no it wont be the same as doing a GMT800. 4/7 seems to be the most popular drop on these trucks and doesn't require notching.
Oh ok I see. Hmm well pretty much ALL the info I had gathered up was mostly on a NBS frame :/

If you want to go 7/9 do front- 4"Djm arms + 2" spindles( mcg, belltech, ground force) + belltech struts set at 1" drop. You can always go up to 6" since the struts are adjustable.
Ill have to dig further into this. I was reluctant in making a thread, because I knowww how many threads cover this topic, but like I said it seems like 85% of those threads are for NBS rather than the NNBS.

The rear is just a 7" flip kit(mcg, belltech, djm) + 2" drop shackles( mcg, belltech,djm).
You will most certainly need a notch for anything over 7"
So by doing it ^thisway^ I wont need to run a notch? This truck is NOT going to be a DD. Not going to be hauling/pulling loads.

Couple more questions:
1) Whats a ballpark figure if I have to get a notch installed?
2) Is there any users on here, off the top of your head, that have a 7/9 on a NNBS?

Thanks for your input

EDIT W/ Price & Links -
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lo..._djm/3333.aspx Lowering Control Arms by DJM
$346.99 - $414.99

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lo...tech/3350.aspx Lowering Spindles by Belltech
$273.99

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lo...tech/1926.aspx Lowering & Lifting Struts by Belltech
$100.99

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lo..._belltech/5309. Lowering Shackle Kits by Belltech
$49.99 - $70.00

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/lo...tech/3338.aspx Lowering Flip Kits by Belltech
$234.80 - $284.30

This look correct to you Javzh?

I havent checked around on different pricing. So Stylin trucks may be the cheapest or most expensive, I dont know yet. I just wanted a ballpark figure.

Last edited by Daniels2386; 09-30-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Yes you'll need a notch if your going for 9". If not you'll have like 1/2" travel or none at all between frame and axle.
For 7" it's a personal decision. Some do, some don't.

There are bolt in notches that you can install yourself. Belltech, mcgauphys, make some.
There are a couple members on gmfs with 6/9.
The list parts Look good.
As for prices, the vendor to the right sdpc sells lowring parts you might want to check with them on prices.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I will more than likely just go ahead and notch it. I got a friend on here somewhere that probably knows how to do it.

There are a couple members on gmfs with 6/9.

Sorry Im kind of new to these forums, what does "gmfs" stand for?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's another forum, gmfullsize. Lots of info there about lowering trucks. They even have a huge thread dedicated to lowered new body style trucks. Do a 7/9! That would be sick. Once I get out of the money hole I'm in, I'm buying smaller tires and going to a 7/9 a well, I just need the arms and notch, I have everything else.

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

Gmfullsize.com
it's mostly a forum about looks and drops.
Look at this thread
The Static NNBS Thread(07 up) - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com
Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, on a 9" rear drop, the rear diff is going to be REALLY close to hitting the bed. IIRC, it'll smash the brake lines first, so be sure to relocate them, and maybe more. One the 4/7 GMT900 that I've seen, I think there was about 3-4 inches from the axle to the frame, and about the same distance between the differential and the bed.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Do a 7/9! That would be sick. Once I get out of the money hole I'm in, I'm buying smaller tires and going to a 7/9 a well, I just need the arms and notch, I have everything else.
I like your stance, but yea Im thinkin 7/9 or bust . Since its really only gonna be a weekend warrior makes me wanna go ahead and do the 7/9 that much more

Look at this thread
Nice thread! I was over there last night, idk why I didnt stumble across it I came to this site because it seemed more live and had a bigger community. Thanks for the link though

Also, on a 9" rear drop, the rear diff is going to be REALLY close to hitting the bed. IIRC, it'll smash the brake lines first, so be sure to relocate them, and maybe more. One the 4/7 GMT900 that I've seen, I think there was about 3-4 inches from the axle to the frame, and about the same distance between the differential and the bed.
Ill have to look into it. Def dont want that to happen.

WHEN I do this I will post up pics. Just gotta get ahold of some friends and see what they think about the install