FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

TI Automotive 525lph install 11-14 silverado bucket

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default TI Automotive 525lph install 11-14 silverado bucket

factory 11-14 2500HD flex fuel bucket in which I plan on installing a walbro/ ti automotive 525 hellcat pump

first unclip 4 of these from the outer bucket and it will release the factory pump and filter assembly

And you will get this, larger metal canister is the fuel filter and the fuel pump sits inside, nothing holds it in there but the fuel hose on top, which has to be cut and removed. the white disc on the bottom is the venturi.

the venturi sits on the left side of the fuel bucket and over these one way valves. As fuel is pumped some of the fuel is routed through this venturi which causes a vacuum and pulls fuel through these valves into the bucket, this prevents the fuel bucket from going dry

fuel pump removed from inside of the filter

the venturi, you can see the cone nozzle on right, as fuel is pumped into the bottom nipple it is forced through the nozzle creating a vacuum around the nozzle.

this is where the new feed -8an fitting will be installed, the factory feed will become the return using PTFE line to route excess fuel back into the bucket

top view of where new feed line will attach

-8 an fitting installed, and picture of where I drilled holes through the hex nut in order to attach safety wire so they wont loosen (seen in pictures ahead)

This is the bulkhead fitting I found from MONKEY FAB GARAGE, it holds to 10 GA wires and seals them nice and tight to prevent fuel leaking. This shows the best area to drill in the top hat of the pump. is drilled correctly you can uses the molded busses to prevent the nuts from backing off as well.

Bottom view of the bulkhead fitting installed. on the left you can see the evap fitting, this has to be trimmed to allow the bulkhead fitting to fit flush on the hat.

Here is what I mocked up to fit the new pump, the top disc will clip into the factory housing, and the bottom cylinder holds the fuel pump securely with holes drilled to allow fuel to flow in and around the pump keeping in cool. Made from stainless steel 16 GA

view of how it uses the factory clips

I took apart the walbro harness they supply you, I soldered new 10 GA PTFE wire. Those numbers are what I initially used to make the pump housing and retaining plate. The housing ended up being 70 MM tall and inner hole of the retaining plate 50 MM.

Here is the PTFE hose and oetinker clamps uses to keep the hoses from coming apart. To the right of the tubing you can see the head of a bolt, this travels all the way down to the top of the venturi and holds it down. The factory pump has has the venturi installed directly to the pump housing and its weight/ fitment keep it in place. I ordered a SS T fitting 3/8x3/8x1/4 on ebay for 8$ that allows me to connect the stock corrugated hose to the fitting and other end to the nipple where the venturi attaches to factory pump. This fit perfectly and saves some money.

the final install done. I recommend doing this when its summer or in a shop that is well heated. I had to warm the parts inside the house in order to get them to fit easier. Set up tested great, the venturi still filled the bucket and no leaks. Its not a direct drop in pump and as you can see I had to fabricate a housing to hold the fuel pump in order to maintain the use of the venturi. If you want other pics while i have this on the bench let me know.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

awesome thread and thanks for the detailed write up.

how much are you charging to do this for our fellow PT.net members?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Launching!

(you supply the pump) and I can get the PTFE tubing, PTFE wire, -8an fitting bulkhead , sealed bulkhead for 10ga wire (with wiring to pump harness), and making SS tig welded pump housing it’s about $80.00 for the parts alone. And about an hour or two for assembly, took longer for initial R/D but I think I can get these done within an hour as long as I have the whole pump assembly to ensure fitment . I usually charge 60.00 an hour for metal work but PT members 120.00 for all parts installed in the bucket or open to trades. Mind you all metal is stainless steel with exception to the an fittings and bulkhead as I can’t source a ss one for the price.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you have any interest in fitting one of these into a 2000 fuel bucket? I can pull the bucket assembly and send it your way if interested.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Have any pics of the bucket?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately I don't, its still in use. There are a number of threads here with pictures, some in the gmt800 section.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Launching!

Send me what you want installed and what fittings you plan on doing and I can make it.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You make these for nnbs 08 flex fuel truck? I Want to put dual fuel pumps
Old 03-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Depends on the width of the pumps and size of bucket.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

flex fuel buckets larger I believe. I’m thinking 2 450 walboro or 255. But I’ve seen here 2 450s can fit

Quick Reply: TI Automotive 525lph install 11-14 silverado bucket