FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Another Look at Kenne Bell BAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Look at Kenne Bell BAP

I used a Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump on my 2006 because it was easier, cheaper, and faster than building a new fuel system and now want to put it on my 2010. I read the trouble people were having on NNBS. So looking at new truck sketch and the old KB instruction book I used for the old truck, I sketched up a workaround to use a relay and a diode that "might" work. My concern is how smart the Low voltage reference coming back from the pump to FPCM might be. Thoughts from the techies?
Attached Thumbnails Another Look at Kenne Bell BAP-bap-plan.jpg  
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With my experiences, I can see it will probably work. But, Ive heard of guys running a Walbro 450 in tank through the FPCM and it working. I dont know for sure if this is the case though. Pushing the stock pump with 18v+ is still kinda just putting a band aid on it though.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Re: Band-Aid: Along with putting forged engines, blowers, turbos, nitrous, and more to Band-Aid bricks to go faster because the Porsche and Vette can't haul full sheets of plywood. Yeah another Band-Aid.

Thanks for the reply as it led me to some more posts that were helpful. One day I will be pulling the tank down no doubt and that would be a good time to make a lot of changes...but in the meantime I am going to see if I can get away with a couple of relays and some wire....right now I have a LOT of other changes I am gathering to make. Currently considering a relay in place of the diode. I am hoping the over 17 volt error happens between the ECM and FPCM before the pump. Too bad some smart guy doesn't do a performance plug and play FPCM for our trucks like the Camaro one.
Attached Thumbnails Another Look at Kenne Bell BAP-bap-plan-1.jpg