FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

aeromotive 340

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the one that said for the red bottom pump, I didnt even see the second one you are talking about. Thier website is a little cornfusing to me. I havent installed it yet, but ill see when I get home tomorrow if it works as I will lay it out next to the truck.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iregret
So I ended up ordering the Aeromotive 340.

First off, it does appear that there is a check valve.

I need to order a wiring kit for my fuel pump now and I'm a but confused.

It says in the small print on the racetronix website that there are 2 versions of the pumps, one white, one red. Now, I assume that any pump ordered today will be red. Where I'm confused is on which kit folks are ordering.

It says on the bottom of this page what kit to order if you have a red or white pump.

Racetronix - Fuel Pump Wiring Kit MP150/280, Walbro - Kit Configuration Page

Then there's this kit.

Racetronix - Pump Wiring Kit MP150/280, Walbro CK* - Kit Configuration Page

It goes as far to mention that it's longer for GM Truck/SUV applications.

What kit are folks using? The second one is roughly 10.00 more. It seems like if the only difference is wire length, one could easily solder in longer wires.

I emailed racetronix twice and haven't heard back from them. I'll be running this in a 2000 Silverado.
Did you figure out which harness to order.

I ordered this kit along with Aermotive 11140 fuel pump for my 2003 truck but have not installed it yet. I hope I ordered the correct harness.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Launching!

So what harness did you guys end up getting to get the aeromotive 340 working? Doing this setup on a 06 silverado and just confused on witch hot wire kit to get.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:37 AM
Charlie Murphy!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
Did you figure out which harness to order.

I ordered this kit along with Aermotive 11140 fuel pump for my 2003 truck but have not installed it yet. I hope I ordered the correct harness.

This is the kit racetronix told me to get:

The only difference between the two is one is 12" longer than the other for SUVs.

Did you get the shorter kit to work? I haven't installed mine yet.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have not installed it yet. Havent even had time to fix an issue with some 8.1 injectors that I got cleaned. But I just got a set of smart fire injectors 52lb @ 43psi, new. Hopefully they are good just gonna swap over and sell my 8.1 after I take them back to get prepped for storage and he person I sell them to doesn't have an issue like I did with the flow fluid they use. Another reason is I have to work on he truck by myself and maybe 1 other and two people might not get a bed off, living in a subdivision sucks.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by iregret
This is the kit racetronix told me to get:

The only difference between the two is one is 12" longer than the other for SUVs.

Did you get the shorter kit to work? I haven't installed mine yet.
Not yet. But I will do in 2 weeks time.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by N/ALS1
Have not installed it yet. Havent even had time to fix an issue with some 8.1 injectors that I got cleaned. But I just got a set of smart fire injectors 52lb @ 43psi, new. Hopefully they are good just gonna swap over and sell my 8.1 after I take them back to get prepped for storage and he person I sell them to doesn't have an issue like I did with the flow fluid they use. Another reason is I have to work on he truck by myself and maybe 1 other and two people might not get a bed off, living in a subdivision sucks.
If you have people to help you remove the bed, do it.

Removing the tank and reinstalling it is a pain specially that you need to remove/hook up connections and hoses while the tank is up and you canno't see. Also, you need help to reomve the reinstall the tank. It is not that easy.

Last edited by Denali08; 09-25-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah that's the problem I only have my father inlaw to help. So two people total. Lol I hope we can lift the bed. If not I guess I'll be going to the dr for a hernia, good thing my deductible is met. It will be covered 100%. Lol
Old 09-25-2012, 06:30 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by N/ALS1
Yeah that's the problem I only have my father inlaw to help. So two people total. Lol I hope we can lift the bed. If not I guess I'll be going to the dr for a hernia, good thing my deductible is met. It will be covered 100%. Lol
Just unbolt the bed and you can slide it/lift it back enough so you dont have to totally remove it. Ive done it everyway possible, but this method is easy and one to two persons can do it, put a thick blanket or towels over the bumper to protect the bed, and make sure to remove the the filler neck from behind the gas door.

I ordered my harness from lonnies performance so i didnt have to guess which one i needed, also on a 2000 silvy you will prob need the upgraded bulkhead connector that the newer trucks have, the old ones cant support the extra voltage.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah that's the one I got.

Quick Reply: aeromotive 340