FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Whipple supercharger concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bowsman,
on the whippletronics you will not use any of it. I have no experience with meth injection though wanted to do it on that one and on my current truck but im running out of room under the hood. on the vacumm lines i had to switch one around but i dont remember what i did, it worked perfectly that way. I had 7-8 lbs of boost instantly anytime i wanted it. Have you looke into fuel upgrades yet? I ran out of fuel at 6psi and ended up going with a kenne bell boost a pump for the extra fuel.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CCrowell
Good to hear about the clearance issue. I wasnt sure what I was gonna do if we had to find that 90 degree elbow.
Havent looked much into fuel upgrades yet, I was gonna wait til I get it all installed and see what it looks like. I do have a fuel pressure gauge to install in the truck so I will be able to monitor it during the tuning and initial run.
Do you remember where you got the pulley machined? I would also like to see what 10psi of boost does on my truck.
Got any recomendations on a place to do the PCM tune?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CCrowell2

I'm trying to find a different pulley for it and i can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? I might as well sell the 4in but I'd like to buy a 3 3/8 and a 3 5/8.
Really leaning towards a nelson what you guys think?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Also i looked Ten different places last night in town for a belt and nobody had one. They could all have one by today but I'm not very patient. haha but i got one and it came in this morning. I remember bowsman you asking about the size of the belt and i got the number its k061105 which is a carquest number so it would be a gates belt. What do you guys suggest for gauges it? Boost obviously, fuel pressure? and oil temp? Any brand of gauges you suggest? i was thinking glowshift.

Thanks
Pax
Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

I've heard alot of bad stuff about glowshit, I would stay away from them. Boost, fuel pressure, and most importantly a wideband AFR gauge.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Just found this place for pulleys online. They seem abit expensive, but not sure we have much of a choice.
Whipple Pulleys
Thanks for the info on the belt. I'll head up there this evening and order mine.
The kit i purchased, used, came with auto meter gauges. Boost, and fuel pressure. I guess I will try those out and see how they work.
Been trying to get ahold of Black Bear for the tuning but havent heard anything back. Hopefully they are just busy this week and its not always like this. Anybody got a phone number to get ahold of them?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Teching In

02'Z71ONDUBZ'

Well I'm glad i didn't buy some i was gonna order them last night. Any other suggestions for gauges?

bowsman,

Ive noticed that too, looks like were gonna have to get them from them.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

Bowsman,
I had my brother take my old 4inch pulley to work with him, he works at conocophillips refinery and he took it to one of the machinest in the refinery and the machinest made me the 3 3/8pulley he said it pretty easy took make although he had a full day of work in it, best thing it was free. On the tune for my 2003 edd wright (Fastchip) in tulsa, ok. it dynoed at 408 horse 500 something torque in a 03 ecsb 4x4 3500hd with stock tires. for my 97 went with nelson because i wanted a mail order before i even started the truck with the new motor and he was cheaper then edd wright. Both are great tunners

25004x4,
Since you basically have the same truck as i did i would towards edd wright just because he would have the tune on file already and would very similar with just slight adjustments if any but every truck is different
Old 02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

And mine was a 2500hd not 3500 like my pervious post said
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 PM

I am poking around trying to find some "enthusiast" buyers for some whipple related forced induction bits I have laying around. I saw your discussions about pulleys so figured I would post up what I have.

I also have 10 392mm Laminova air-water intercooler cores for sale as well posted in the same Craigslist category as the blower links.

Hope this helps, and if the post is inappropriate I apologize!

I have a mint condition Whipple 2300AX twin screw supercharger for sale. The compressor has been used for about 2 hours on the dyno, and only a few hundred miles of street use during development of a supercharger kit. It includes a 3-5/16" drive snout and is in perfect condition.

I also have a selection of pulleys that range from 2-7/8" to 4-1/2" in roughly 1/8" increments (but a gap between 3-1/8 and 3-5/8) that can be sold individually, as a set, etc.

I have a whipple bypass valve, an extra bypass actuator, a snout clamp, and an extra 3-5/16 drive snout.

I have a Whipple 1600AX compressor (smaller) that is also for sale under a separate ad. That blower has about 20k test miles on it but is also in excellent condition. I will let that one go for $600.

Make an offer, this stuff must go!

Pictures in the following craigslist ads:

Whipple 2300 supercharger - bare

Whipple 1600AX supercharger - Bare

Thanks,
Steve

Quick Reply: Whipple supercharger concerns.