FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Well guys... I'm headed to the Dark Side...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well guys... I'm headed to the Dark Side...

The Maggie kit has been an absolute blast and has performed flawlessly in the year and roughly 8k miles its been on my truck. It is now for sale (with extras) and I will detail that in a thread in the Parts Classified Section when I can get the pics and extras together and posted. Been thinking long and hard about this... and want to return to my original dream and make it a reality.

I am going to go with a Full-Race Single Up Top Turbo kit. The mostly complete kit I obtained today was their display model. Full-Race found it difficult to market the kit...

Below are some pics of the exact kit I bought... but I didn't get turbo, waste gate, intercooler, and crossover pipe. I will spec my own turbo. The intercooler shown was just a mockup intercooler for the display... not one speced for the kit. The waste gate was sold off the display... and the crossover pipe was robbed for an emergency to fab some race car piping. I got the kit for an awesome one time deal and will not complain about missing parts. I also received all the cold section black powdercoated aluminum piping and silicone couplers. The cold section is setup for a truck with a waterpump driven fan. Both exhaust manifolds are constructed of Schedule 40 304L and roboticly TIG welded. The head flanges are 3/8". The turbo flange is 1/2". The primarys are 1 5/8" ID. Collecters are the race merge style. I tried weighing the passenger manifold on my bathroom scale and its says 18.1 pounds. I really think its more than that... damn its heavy. I will need to come up with all the ancillary hardware... that will be cake as I know exactly what I need. I will probably have GHL Motorsports fab up the rest of the down pipe from the existing c-clamp to the stock location cat-back entrance... with more than likely a very large high flow metal matrix cat. The Corsa Sport cat-back I have should more than suit my exhaust needs for now. Right now I'm figuring 5-6psi of boost... as I am in no hurry for a motor or tranny upgrade. Wussy boost I know but its my daily driver... and I can turn up the wick when I can afford to put together the LS6 I have and go with a 4L80 conversion.

Anyway, enjoy the pics... more to come soon. Gotta sell my Maggie now so I can buy a nice turbo

Bill

Last edited by Bill Reid; 05-23-2007 at 10:43 PM. Reason: New pic host
Old 04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

nice looking kit
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if ya dont mind sharing, is there a website to look at there kits and what does a kit normally cost
Old 04-09-2007, 08:19 PM

I will PM you the website and full kit retail price as Full Race is not a sponsor of Performance Trucks. Just to let you know publicly though... Full-Race is probably not real interested in getting back into the GM truck market... hence the reason they cut the display loose to me. I will not speak for them though...

Bill

Last edited by Bill Reid; 05-23-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

bastards never knew they had a kit
Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Its to bad they couldn't produce more, but I can see the expense that would come with hot parts of that quality. That looks awesome.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Leroy_454
Its to bad they couldn't produce more, but I can see the expense that would come with hot parts of that quality. That looks awesome.
No doubt... their hot section parts are a work of art - WELL engineered... and I expect them to outlive the truck their going in. Their import stuff is truely amazing. FWIW their main guy holds a BSME from ASU!

Bill

Trending Topics

Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

glad somebody finally got it. i called them awhile back and he said they would make another crossover and sell me just the hot parts for $2400. i thought about it a couple of weeks and when i called back he said he wanted $4200 for just the headers. i'd like to know what you ended up getting it for if you don't mind. shoot me a pm
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Purrrdy, look at those welds. Damn they are nice.. Looks like it will be a nice setup man.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by 454SuperSport
glad somebody finally got it. i called them awhile back and he said they would make another crossover and sell me just the hot parts for $2400. i thought about it a couple of weeks and when i called back he said he wanted $4200 for just the headers. i'd like to know what you ended up getting it for if you don't mind. shoot me a pm
With all due respect I would rather not discuss what I paid for the kit. Chad at Arizona Power and Sound had called them and alerted me to a possible deal. Chad knew I had a high interest in the kit. Needless to say what he was quoted and what I wound up paying for it were not the same. I paid more. When I walked in and asked about the kit I was quoted more than the $4200 (cost by the way - not anywhere near retail) you were. But I had Chad with me and the guy that originally quoted him was there so we struck a bargain. It was a one time only great deal... why I would rather not disclose the price publicly or privately. And I think they let the display go to me as they had not found public interest for the kit. When I picked the kit up today and talked with them... they seem to have no real interest in building the missing crossover pipe... but I didn't press them too hard on it as it really isn't a problem. These guys are PLENTY busy building highend import kits. Feel free to call them though

Bill

Last edited by Bill Reid; 05-23-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Well guys... I'm headed to the Dark Side...