FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another question would be how would this setup clear Fbody accesories? i know they tuck alot better and provide more room in engine bay but curious as in if it woudl interfer with how the powersterring is now up top and the Alt is now at bottom
Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
What size waste gates are you using and where are you locating them on the twin set up. I may be interested in seeing if this will work on my 90 RCSB as soon as I get the swap done.
There will be 2 38mm gates, and attached to the back side of the manifolds.

Originally Posted by Quik
another question would be how would this setup clear Fbody accesories? i know they tuck alot better and provide more room in engine bay but curious as in if it woudl interfer with how the powersterring is now up top and the Alt is now at bottom
The car would interfer with everything. LOL... The manifold would not fit into the car. Sorry all F body owners butttt Trick will only play with Trucks. I am still waiting to hear another story like the 4x4 that beat the GTO. GTO spun of coarse but a win is a win.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

****, I'd buy the hot pipes right now (minus turbos and WG's) if you'd offer them for under 2 grand. I wouldnt mind slight downpipe location changes due to the different turbos I am running. I just dont want to have the truck down while I have pipes fabbed.

Course, likely by the time you decide to offer these I will have gotten my own done.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car would interfer with everything. LOL... The manifold would not fit into the car. Sorry all F body owners butttt Trick will only play with Trucks. I am still waiting to hear another story like the 4x4 that beat the GTO. GTO spun of coarse but a win is a win.

[/QUOTE]

I think quick was asking b/c he has a truck with Fbody accesories, not b/c he has a car!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Grumpy4.8

I think quick was asking b/c he has a truck with Fbody accesories, not b/c he has a car!!![/QUOTE]

Oh ok I feel stupid now. Fbody Accessories not sure, never seen that. Got any pics, I might be able to tell from a few good shots.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection
****, I'd buy the hot pipes right now (minus turbos and WG's) if you'd offer them for under 2 grand. I wouldnt mind slight downpipe location changes due to the different turbos I am running. I just dont want to have the truck down while I have pipes fabbed.

Course, likely by the time you decide to offer these I will have gotten my own done.
We have had a huge interest in this set up so far. The phone has been busy today. Real busy, people seem to want twin stuff.
how soon where you looking at doing something.???
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

a month or 2.

I actually had it partially apart a couple weeks ago to start laying out where i wanted to put stuff with the flipped stock manifolds...couldnt get the passenger manifold off because the damn dipstick tube wouldnt come out...i was afraid I was going to break it, so I said screw it and put it back together so I could drive it. I DO NOT want to pull the oilpan off my AWD truck, and I plan to either run my turbo oil drains into the valve covers, or simply try and slowly drill the oilpan with grease on the bit and hope not to get too many shavings inside.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:48 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
There will be 2 38mm gates, and attached to the back side of the manifolds.

no bud, im referring to Fbody accessories on a truck. i dont drive a fbody i drive a silverado with Fbody accesories. so i would like to know if yoru setup will have any issues with clearing of tho accessories
Old 08-11-2007, 02:53 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
I think quick was asking b/c he has a truck with Fbody accesories, not b/c he has a car!!!
Oh ok I feel stupid now. Fbody Accessories not sure, never seen that. Got any pics, I might be able to tell from a few good shots.[/QUOTE]

heres what fbody accesories look like in the truck chassis
Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Truck Sponsor

Looks like the power dist. block (redblock) needs to be relocated. But all in all looks like no problems. And all those large looms need to be moved. Looks like the brake line may not be in the way.

Rick

Quick Reply: Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!