FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how exactly does one "move" that fat engine/fusebox harness, without a ton of cutting/splicing? Are there extension/adaptor harnesses made to add length?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

You lift them UP. lol... Not sure how people will reroute, I am planning on just liftting them with a simple bracket.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how your offering a twin setup but as you earlier posted there is really no need for a twin turbo on probly 98% of the trucks here. A single is obviously easier to install and has enough power to support most of these engines and then some with minimul lag.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 PM
5 year bitches!

your right slowhawk but the "phrase Twin Turbo" to some just sounds plain old badass.

and dpending on how some kits are the twins look better
Old 08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I like how your offering a twin setup but as you earlier posted there is really no need for a twin turbo on probly 98% of the trucks here. A single is obviously easier to install and has enough power to support most of these engines and then some with minimul lag.
Hey Slowhawk hows the truck running. Get to play with any.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Quik
your right slowhawk but the "phrase Twin Turbo" to some just sounds plain old badass.

and dpending on how some kits are the twins look better
No doubt it's bad *** looking.I just get alittle scared with the turbo on the driver side from the heat near the main electrical.(had a truck that melted alot of wires there from a turbo). I would think these smaller turbo's take up alot less room though.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Hey Slowhawk hows the truck running. Get to play with any.
Still running NA. Put some new brakes on today. Got my 60lb injectors yesterday.

I'm hoping next weekend to put on the setup,then hopefully the tranny will hold up for the dyno. I can't wait to get this going.Everything else is done and waiting.

Soon
Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
No doubt it's bad *** looking.I just get alittle scared with the turbo on the driver side from the heat near the main electrical.(had a truck that melted alot of wires there from a turbo). I would think these smaller turbo's take up alot less room though.
i am running a gts70 right in that location without any problems. i did relocate that main harness but if i were to do it again i would just build a stand off and use a blanket and wrap the down pipe. those blankets are amazing.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 PM

I just received my blanket from Jose at Forced Inductions... although I have not had any heat related problems over this HOT *** summer in Arizona after 3000 miles with the turbo kit... I still ordered the blanket, received it promptly from Jose, and will install. I figure if I upgrade housings and/or turbo just transfer the blanket... saves me from coating fee's for the exhaust housing(s).

Bill
Old 08-11-2007, 09:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by parish8
i am running a gts70 right in that location without any problems. i did relocate that main harness but if i were to do it again i would just build a stand off and use a blanket and wrap the down pipe. those blankets are amazing.
I just have flash backs from a truck that was brought to us.Nothing was heat wrapped and the harness looked like a melted goo ball. Don't under estimate the heat from turbo's

Quick Reply: Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!