FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:19 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the mock up! I think you'll get alot of interest.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:30 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that does look familur

i moved that main harness to around the back of the brake booster and it was alot of work. after geting a pair of turbo blankets i am sure you could just use a set of those along with some kind of metal stand off/heat shield to hold the wires above the turbo. i can put my hand right on the blanket any time, it never gets hot.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good Rick.

Have I mentioned that I hate you?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks real good Rick. Probably won't see any volume interest in the 07+ NBS truck / SUV's for another year or 2... until more are on the road. I would definitely finish the kit and jig it. I would also check to see differences in the 99-07 (classic) vintage on the driver side especially with steering shaft location and angle. I believe there are differences in the 2WD / 4WD steering shaft location / angle as well...

I certainly would not get discouraged if folks don't line up now. Whats good is that the hard work will already be done as this body style matures... and if you can get the kit to fit on 99-07 trucks... then all the better.

Good Luck
Bill
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

That kicks ***! Now I'm totally confused though. I wanted to fab up some low mount twins, then Kyle builds his manifold and I'm thinking single S85, then Street Tuna builds a twin low mount kit so I'm thinking low mount twins again, then you come out with this. AHHHH!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

I'm interested- giving you a ring today.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
That kicks ***! Now I'm totally confused though. I wanted to fab up some low mount twins, then Kyle builds his manifold and I'm thinking single S85, then Street Tuna builds a twin low mount kit so I'm thinking low mount twins again, then you come out with this. AHHHH!!!!
youre telling me, just isnt fair lol. all this stress of placment
Old 08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damnit rick, just when i thought i couldnt make blowing **** up any easier
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Nice work!! The madness never stops.
nope, if you sit still you will get ran over. lol

Originally Posted by Quik
i have to say with seeing your kit makes me question if i want to low mount twins or not. i do like the look of your kit. im concernd about engine bay temps. your kit is similar to Parish's. but im deff interested

also interested in that custom FMIC your going to make with a center outlet and side inlets???? if so post up pics
Under hood temps are not a problem with these trucks. We have huge area with lots of air flow. Blankets can be added really easy.
07 IC would have dual inlets on the bottom, and one single outlet on the side. It will be a verticle flow core. No pics of IC yet.

Originally Posted by dmc_racer
Great looking kit..
Thanks

Originally Posted by parish8
that does look familur

i moved that main harness to around the back of the brake booster and it was alot of work. after geting a pair of turbo blankets i am sure you could just use a set of those along with some kind of metal stand off/heat shield to hold the wires above the turbo. i can put my hand right on the blanket any time, it never gets hot.
yea we where kicking around takes a piece of curved tubing and fileting in half. Then coming off the compressor housing bolts having a flange attached. This would hold the wiring up cleanly, and we could lay some thermal barrier between the wiring and the flange to help even more.
Now what where you thinking the first time you did that?.LOL

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Looks real good Rick. Probably won't see any volume interest in the 07+ NBS truck / SUV's for another year or 2... until more are on the road. I would definitely finish the kit and jig it. I would also check to see differences in the 99-07 (classic) vintage on the driver side especially with steering shaft location and angle. I believe there are differences in the 2WD / 4WD steering shaft location / angle as well...

I certainly would not get discouraged if folks don't line up now. Whats good is that the hard work will already be done as this body style matures... and if you can get the kit to fit on 99-07 trucks... then all the better.

Good Luck
Bill
Hey Bill, the kit should fit the OBS as well. HYDRO steer might be an issue not sure yet. I have someone in mind for the trial fit on the OBS 4x4 set ups. We hugged the steering shaft pretty close. And so far the shafts look to be the same distance from the engine.
Thanks for the kind words, if they did not sell I would not get too discouraged, lol. I still have plenty of single action going on.

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Sorry about that, we could do a compound twin low, and high combo, boy that would pure shows stuff. lol

Thanks eveyone for the compliments, we try to build stuff that fits the build and customers would like to install and use on their own trucks. The one thing I tried to get around was moving the brake lines, but they had to tweeked over. So I guess thats a small price for a twin set up.

later
Old 08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

What size waste gates are you using and where are you locating them on the twin set up. I may be interested in seeing if this will work on my 90 RCSB as soon as I get the swap done.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Twin turbo hi mount for trucks. Comments needed!!!