FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

TVS19000 on 5.3 - what else to go w/it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old motorhead
Pretty sure they're stainless....might be gold when you consider what they charge for them
But worth every penny! LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1bad2k
But worth every penny! LOL
An exhaust that flows well quietly IS pretty special. Maybe not worth its weight in gold....but.... If I knew the dual touring Corsas would sound and flow like the ones on my vette, I might give them a go. The muffs on the vette were engineered for duals....the ones in my garage weren't engineered that way. If you talk to the Corsa folks, they will tell you right quick how each exhaust system (not just the muffler) is "tuned" for that exact application. It would take more than a little custom work to fit both Corsas under there. Just hate to be disappointed again.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
An exhaust that flows well quietly IS pretty special. Maybe not worth its weight in gold....but.... If I knew the dual touring Corsas would sound and flow like the ones on my vette, I might give them a go. The muffs on the vette were engineered for duals....the ones in my garage weren't engineered that way. If you talk to the Corsa folks, they will tell you right quick how each exhaust system (not just the muffler) is "tuned" for that exact application. It would take more than a little custom work to fit both Corsas under there. Just hate to be disappointed again.
I was always afraid that it may take more than just buying brand name muffler. There is no system, which uniformly satisfies everybody so I guess I'll just pull the trigger and get something. I'd be happy with anything that doesn't drone.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sotorin
I was always afraid that it may take more than just buying brand name muffler. There is no system, which uniformly satisfies everybody so I guess I'll just pull the trigger and get something. I'd be happy with anything that doesn't drone.
Avoid the F'masters. They're too loud and provide lots of back pressure too. It's a rare feat when a set of mufflers can be obnoxiously loud and not flow worth a damn either.

My rig doesn't "drone". By drone, I'm saying it doesn't resonate/vibrate in the cab. I have dual resonators in front of Magnaflow mufflers. No cats. 3" duals from the headers all the way back. While it doesn't drone, it is still too loud in my book. I'd sure like it to shut completely up when I'm at cruise. Vette, with the dual Corsas, pretty much does just that. Truck is much louder. Not crazy loud, but more than I want to put up with. Folks in the passenger seat have to speak up a little for me to hear them (plus my hearing isn't 20/20). I'm pretty well convinced that stock muffs with cutouts is about my only choice.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Originally Posted by Sotorin
Absolutely. But this will have to wait few days. It was -6 (F) on my way to work today. I'll burn what's left off my tires for this vid.
Video or it never happened.