FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo tuning recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK keep it civil...

I will say this (but I know you won't listen), posting private messages for all the world to see is a weenie move on your part. Not only that but it does appear as though Nelson has given you what you paid for and then some. Your posting only puts YOUR reputation deeper in the hole.

Why don't you buy software and tune it yourself? NOBODY is ever going to spend the time to tweak it to your liking as much as you can. Trust me, I know, I broke down and spent 30 hours getting my VE the way I liked it. It paid off.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he has said before that he does have the software....

I have an extremely basic and conservative tune on my truck that I tuned myself with 10psi and the thing flat out hauls ***. Tuned with the MAF. I have a wideband so as long as that stays 11.5 or below I call it good. Pretty much the only think I did was tweak the PE settings.... And I get 15-16 combined.

Ryan, I really think you should look at the catalytic converter. It is only my opinion though.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

turbo setup=extremely hot exhaust=ruined cat.... even if it is high flow high flow doesnt mean **** when the gasses are several hundred degrees hotter than what its intended for....

-take it off then re evaluate....
Old 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
OK keep it civil...

I will say this (but I know you won't listen), posting private messages for all the world to see is a weenie move on your part. Not only that but it does appear as though Nelson has given you what you paid for and then some. Your posting only puts YOUR reputation deeper in the hole.

Why don't you buy software and tune it yourself? NOBODY is ever going to spend the time to tweak it to your liking as much as you can. Trust me, I know, I broke down and spent 30 hours getting my VE the way I liked it. It paid off.
Most of all he has now aired out his dirty laundry. Hopefully any tuner or dyno shop that reads the forum will catch onto this thread.

Ryan, it is better to be silent and have people assume you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 01-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

everyone here agrees a catalytic converter on a turbo setup is just plain retarded. when you go WOT you are dumping way more gas into the system than it could ever burn off, thus it will become clogged and possibly blow your motor..

when nelson did my turbo setup i didnt want any cats on my setup for this very reason
Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Ryan, it is better to be silent and have people assume you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I've read this on a shirt somewhere i swear...

Last edited by BlownChevy; 01-07-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i have been told the quiet people are the ones who know what they are talking about and the loud ones tell you everything they don't know!

Ryan,
Words of advice for what they are worth. I am sure that there are many people who want to help you with your truck. For goodness sakes I have been where you are right now, and I have a local guy here that is my friend(well i consider him my friend), that im sure i have made him mad. But you have to remember and I have to remind myself, these people have a life outside of "work". You and I are having fun on the weekend with our trucks while people like Allen, Jeff, Justin, nonnie, and many other company's and independent tuners are working on other poeples stuff.

If its not right explain in full detail to him what is happening and i promise he will go to great lengths to fix your problem.

I have had my turbo on my truck for about 6 months and I called nonnie yesterday and bugged him about trying to help me with my tune just tyring to perfect it. I know he doesn't want to work on my truck when he has his own to fool with so I have to be patient and wait untill he has time. Same goes for Justin and many others.

I think the best bet for you is to talk to Allen and explain what you think is wrong with your truck and in all honesty take the truck to him and let him ride in it and see what its doing. Turbo's are tricky, and I am not a tuner but I know they take time,patients, and they change the "feel" of the truck.

I hope this helps, Please be patient and kind because it will go a long way!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

p.s. sorry forgot everyone get in on a group hug hahah!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
I went into the hospital becuase I was worrying so much about everything they thought I had a brain aneurysm

I would have kept that little jewel to myself...
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
I went into the hospital becuase I was worrying so much about everything they thought I had a brain aneurysm yeah remember the head aches I was having
That was not a headache, that was the stupid prying its way out of your head.

Quick Reply: Turbo tuning recommendations!