FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo tuning recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like you tried to copy his problems also...

ive had my STS kit on for almost 4 years now with no problems except broken transmissions. i think i killed my 175k mile 5.3 learning how to tune.

and ive done everything from drag race with nitrous, meth, and 10# boost To putting 31x12" boggers on it and having fun in the mud To towing 10,000 pounds. the 100k mile 6l has some blowby now but it still runs.

i wanted to go big so i got the 76mm turbo and a FLT lvl4 4L80E and a CircleD stall, then went to a Yank Stall. getting aggravated with the gas mileage so im goin back to a smaller 67mm turbo and the stock converter.

Im building a S10 to go fast, so im putting the silverado back to the tow truck.

pick you up some tuning software and get to learning.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and by the way this thread had nothing to with Allen especially seeings how I have two computers for the truck two different tuners while he was getting all offended about something that had nothing to do with so if he will get nasty I will to I am going to post all the messages he sent to me!

Re: READ!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
You know what is funny Allen is you don't give me any attention until you think your reputation is on the line I have called there several times you never return my phone calls even after you said you would send me another tune to get it closer I took my truck to Orlando it got about 12 mpg and used to get about 23 I guess I just need to start throwing money at you to get your attention and I appreciate you bashing me on my own thread I just want someone to take the truck and fine tune it for a week to get it perfect because I don't want to blow it up and after that trip I took there was black soot all over the back fender where the exhaust is, so Yeah that is exactly where the gas went right out the tail pipe I am so close to doing a NA engine on the truck, Oh and by the way what happened to the scan that I sent you and you were going to take a look at!

ryan, you know that's not true, i'm just not here every time you call and at your beckoning call, i have other customers to deal with as well.
i'm not going down the tuning road with you again, your truck is fine and i'm not going to beat a dead horse with you.
i have to reply to your posts because they are crazy! who in the hell would want to spend more money on tuning when it's ok, just because their tuner won't hold the customers hand and say everything is ok! i didn't see anywhere in your post that the tune was fine, a/f ratio was ok, no KR, but you're getting less than average mileage, where is that in your post? with the post you just submitted, you're saying your tune sux and you want another tuner, which is fine, but spill the entire story. it does show that way because of the replies you got "you still ain't got that tuned" .
i guess you need to read your post again and see who's bashing who? i would say it's fair now that both sides of the story are out there.
if all you wanted was a fine tune...

i already analyzed the scan you sent me and told you they were ok, the ltrims were a tad high, and could use some tweeking, but other than that, the truck isn't going to blow up and i'm sure it's making decent power. i know you got that email.

i have tuned so many turbo trucks i can't keep count, your truck is nothing special, it's just another tune to me, i know where the settings need to be and i know what works, so if something is out of the ordinary and the truck isn't operating like it should, there could be very well be something else wrong, just like the maf in the past!

im not calling you a liar, but i really doubt your truck got 23mpg, maybe with light throttle and going down hill and trying to drive so easy to achieve 23mpg, but stock tuned and driving "normal", they don't get that much, and if your truck is only getting 12mpg, you need to look somewhere else.

if you're needing someone to look at the truck and go over it, that's one thing, but if you already have a good tune and now you wanna spend another 1,000 on a tune that is going to take a week to do by another tuner, that doesn't sound too smart, it doesn't take 1 week to tune a truck!
i cant be on the phone with you 5 times a day either, holding your hand and feeding you with a spoon, lol, send me one email and i'll answer it, you put me off and others when you constantly call and demand service, no shop that is fair would put up with that.

don't get me wrong, i'm not mad, upset, or never gonna assist you, but when a post concerns my shop and reputation, you count on me replying. i've been doing this for years and have tons of tunes on every forum, and when stuff comes up like this, i will reply.

btw, shipping dept just let me know you still owe a core, it's overdue and they need to charge you $55, or get a tracking number.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Re: maf issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTruc
so melissa said you called and had an issue with the maf all this time?
she said the tune i sent you is running fine?

let me know, what is the af ratio with my tune and how's it running?

send me any questions here and i'll be glad to answer them.

allen

Yeah I decided to put your computer back in today because of the SES light and still running rich so I put it in there and at WOT it seems to be around 11.5 or so and about 14 normal driving does not seem to have the power the other one had so I will try to send you a scan tomorrow maybe there could be adjustments to be made and I am running about 9lbs is that ok on stock 5.3? Sorry for the pain!

ok, good, so 11.5 is right on!!

maybe we can get a few more degrees of timing from the tune as well, that will boost power.
ya, send the scans over, i'll take a look.

also, if you don't mind, i'll reply to your post and let everyone know that it's the maf causing the issue, or was causing the issue.

the only reason why i want to reply is , as soon as a truck has an issue, the first thing everyone blames is the tune! the tune does it job, maybe not exactly and perfect, but like in your case, "it's good enough" to get the truck running and have fun.
yes, i've become a little sensitive over the years of tuning when someone blames the tune, then once the post is up, all the "experts" come out and have their opinion , which is usually wrong!

so i'll reply, has nothing against you, just all the guys who think they know what they are talking about and suggest things like, "maybe he doesn't have the injector scaling right" or, "check the fuel tables", that kind of nonsense.

here is another thread, sambo had an issue, look at all the wrong suggestions, ended up being a vac line disconnected.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=453311
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

allen never said anything out of the way,like i said before i dont think the tune is your problem,but if you wanna keep throwing away money go ahead
Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Yeah I am waiting to get the LC1 back from innovative and Brian will take some scans with the wideband hooked up and send me some better tunes so yeah that's where I am at with it!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds to me like Allen had your tune all squared away...I'm also not sure why you would want to mess with it anymore.

12mpg with a turbo truck sounds about right to me...that's about all I ever got out of mine with a spot-on tune. You can't have the best of both worlds, you gotta pay to play. If you want a 23mpg highway cruiser then it's time to go buy a car!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

NO the Cat is still good I just got it a couple of months ago it is a magnaflow it supposed to be a highflow unit!
Didnt you say your AFR was in the 9s when the MAF was bad? All that fuel pumping it to it might have already fucked it up.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

No it is right on the other side of Atalanta and I am about 200 miles from Atlanta the price isn't right though I am pretty sure my wife would choke me!
I was talking to Joe when he said to have TJ tune it. You are in Georgia, TJ is up here in Michigan. Thats why I quoted Joe.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thunder550
Sounds to me like Allen had your tune all squared away...I'm also not sure why you would want to mess with it anymore.

12mpg with a turbo truck sounds about right to me...that's about all I ever got out of mine with a spot-on tune. You can't have the best of both worlds, you gotta pay to play. If you want a 23mpg highway cruiser then it's time to go buy a car!
Yeah ok! this thread had nothing to do with him not to mention after this I am sending his computer back as a core (because his computers are tuner locked and is absolutely no use to me) So there we don't have anything to argue about anymore because my money grows on trees!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

So there we don't have anything to argue about anymore because my money grows on trees!
Unfortunately for you, brain cells don't

Quick Reply: Turbo tuning recommendations!