FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

turbo parts list

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kbracing96
If you over oil, oil can be pushed past the seals into the exhaust housing and smoke. If you want to run bigger lines cuz the material is free that's cool, I would just run a 1/16" to 1/8" restrictor at the turbo inlet.
ok then i'll do it that way.
Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
I have a 12volt oil pump if you end up needing one and I also have some alum. piping and one coupler that is 3.5-3.0 I have left over because I thought I could stretch it over the TB.
what do you want for the pump?
Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
You're going to need an oil pump. The height of the turbo is one thing and gravity will move it down some, but you can't rely on the pressure of the supply to push all that oil all the way back to the engine. Especially while the truck is accellerating. You need a pump there to help scavenge the oil out of the turbo in addition to pushing it horizontally back to the engine.

As for the exhaust outlet flange, does your turbo have provisions for a V-band? If so, go with that, they work well and they're easy to deal with.
yes its v-band already and so is the down pipe i have so it's all good there. so you think i will need a pump then i geuss it would be a good safty feature good for climbing for sure i guess.

thanks everybody for your imputs keep'em coming. i wanted a flush mount tool box anyway so i figured what the hel put the turbo in there and i won't have to worry about sucking gutters
Old 12-01-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.8T
ok then i'll do it that way.

what do you want for the pump?

yes its v-band already and so is the down pipe i have so it's all good there. so you think i will need a pump then i geuss it would be a good safty feature good for climbing for sure i guess.

thanks everybody for your imputs keep'em coming. i wanted a flush mount tool box anyway so i figured what the hel put the turbo in there and i won't have to worry about sucking gutters
I payed $140 for the pump but you can have it for $75. It has a bout 5 mins. of run time. I was going use it for matts turbo setup but it wasnt hardly big enough for pumping the oil from two turbos from underneath the truck but should work fine for your setup. The pump puts out 1.5 GPM.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

ok well the wife just informed me she wants to make me suffer and wait on the freaking turbo so if you still have the pump in feb i will get it for sure. couse income tax time it is on. she is afraid i'll get half way done then i'll need some part i forgot or something then wont have the money for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats fine I just thought I would try to help you save a little money because I know it adds up when your doing a turbo project.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah i know it she just told me this when i said i was on my way to napa. like i said thanks and if you still got it in feb i'll hit you up.