FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Thoughts/Advice on my build

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts/Advice on my build

I have a '06 crew cab shortbed 1/2ton silverado I swapped a lq4 into, milled 799's and a V2 cam. It just feels slow to me now so ive been saving and am about ready to start throwing money at parts and see what i can do. My plan is to make as much power as I can on 93 (+meth if i need to). I'm new to FI so let me know what y'all think of what Ive put together so far.

I'm going to do a flipped manifold twin setup, ill fab the hot and cold side
My list as of now:
-Forged H beams
-Forged pistons (looking at weisco i can take comp down to 8.4 or 9.4:1)
-L92's
-Square up the bore (maybe take it .030 over)
-Isky triple 12
-on3's 61mm turbos that they're using for this same build
-Precision 46mm wastegates
-Precision-flow 85lb injectors
-Ls7 lifters
-Arp rod bolts & main studs
-Snow meth kit

Already have head studs

I had issues with converters and burning clutches with my current setup with a 60e so ive already put in my order with Jakes and got their stage 3 80e and their billet converter, that should be good to 1000hp.

Is this cam ideal?
What should I have Jakes set the stall at?
Am i getting to low with the compression ratio?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You haven't gotten any responses so I figure id bump your thread and open up the floor to the experts. You didn't mention your hp goals. That will determine whether your parts list is sufficient or some items unnecessary. I haven't heard of anyone running a jakes converter?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:48 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
You haven't gotten any responses so I figure id bump your thread and open up the floor to the experts. You didn't mention your hp goals. That will determine whether your parts list is sufficient or some items unnecessary. I haven't heard of anyone running a jakes converter?
This is a big factor, either way I wouldn't go below 9.4 compression unless you go for 420+ CI or out of boost its going to be pretty boring. Personally I am not a fan of L92 heads, I think a decent set of cathedrals will be much more responsive out of boost and unless you are going all out a turbo setup typically isn't very picky about heads.

It all comes back to your HP goals.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lxcoupe
I'm wanting to see how much power I could make on 93, is there a general limit? That's why I was looking at taking the compression so low (thinking that I'd be able to throw more boost at it without detonation and in turn make more power) is that line of thinking flawed?

I'm thinking that the motor N/A would be ~290whp. So I think 700 wouldn't be out of the question, but is that where I start getting into meth? I'd like to make 1000 crank but it doesn't seem like I can do that without a different fuel.

Also thank you for the bump
Old 04-26-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I'd keep the cathedral heads if you're going turbo. Swap cams and run this bitch... it wont take much to out gun the NA set up. With a turbo itll handle 750 to the wheels and still be safe. Thats my take anyway... do the motor over when you have to.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
I'd keep the cathedral heads if you're going turbo. Swap cams and run this bitch... it wont take much to out gun the NA set up. With a turbo itll handle 750 to the wheels and still be safe. Thats my take anyway... do the motor over when you have to.
The more I think about it the more this makes sense for me. Ill be forcing the air through the heads anyway and I rebuilt the lq4 before I dropped it in there. ill be running sooner and have time after to save for rods and pistons.

also reading through your build thread I noticed someone mention larger injectors would be harder to tune at idle and deceleration, would the precision 85# injectors be overkill for this?

Edit; just finished all 77 pages, looks and sounds awesome i love it

Last edited by ~VH~; 04-26-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ~VH~
The more I think about it the more this makes sense for me. Ill be forcing the air through the heads anyway and I rebuilt the lq4 before I dropped it in there. ill be running sooner and have time after to save for rods and pistons.

also reading through your build thread I noticed someone mention larger injectors would be harder to tune at idle and deceleration, would the precision 85# injectors be overkill for this?
Precision injectors are just Bosch with a different name, as are IDs, Deatschwerks, etc etc. 85lb will be about perfect for your horsepower goals. You shouldn't have any issues with the idle if you get with a decent tuner. I have ID1000's and idles like stock.