FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Is There A Bigger Radix Kit Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I am looking to push over the 500hp/ 500lbs tq mark. I wasn't too sure if the Radix will do it. Would like to get at least 450-475 at the rear wheels.
I will not be changing the cam out at this time. At least I don't think I will.
I really liked the Livernois turbo set-up, but I will be curious if it will work for towing, and how well it will tow with it.
Really wish Radix was coming out with a bigger "kit" for our trucks.
I may be asking for too much power with stock cam, but I could be just dreaming.
I'll talk to Magnacharger tomarrow.

Jim

I hear ya Jim. If you set it up and tune it right you can hit those numbers but it may be a lil tough to do on the stock cam. I'm hoping to hit the same #s but on 5-6psi instead of the normal 8-10psi it takes (albeit less parts than me). No tricks though, just had more parts laying around and decided to try something new. I really think high compression with the Radix is pretty cool as long as your tune is good.

Like I said on SSS forum, if you were just looking for big numbers I'd do the Livernoise kit with a big turbo but since you want a reliable setup for towing and great low end the Radix is what I'd choose. The problem with the turbo is that to make big numbers you need a big turbo, big turbos dont spool up as well on the low end, especially on a stock stall. Mine spooled fairly well at part throttle with a "3500" stall but full throttle from a dead stop took forever to spool.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:20 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is better to shoot for certain power numbers than to look for psi. If you want 450 at the wheels from a 6L and radix, then thats not too much of a problem. If you want 500+, thats possible too with more work and mods. Going much above those numbers (depending on the setup) will be increasingly more difficult.

I'm running the smallest radix pulley made right now on my 6L and barely touch 8psi.

If you feel like your power is falling off in the upper rpms with the radix, look at pinning your crank. I didn't know that I had an issue, but it was costing me lots of 5000+ rpm power.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
I really think high compression with the Radix is pretty cool as long as your tune is good.
FWIW - I raised compression with my head swap to just over 10.5:1 and still have the 2.75" pulley on. I run nothing but 93 octane pump gas. No problems yet, but we'll see how the Texas summer heat treats me.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BigTex
FWIW - I raised compression with my head swap to just over 10.5:1 and still have the 2.75" pulley on. I run nothing but 93 octane pump gas. No problems yet, but we'll see how the Texas summer heat treats me.
Right on You're gonna have to inform me a bit about pinning the crank and its benifits. Shoot me a PM when you have time and I'll try searches Was your last dyno with the current setup? IE: Pinned crank, head work etc?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

I believe the radix falling off at high rpm is misunderstood. The radix has a problem with high rpm if you're running a small pulley, but it doesn't show up on the dyno. The problem shows up at the track and on the street. Running a stock diameter crank pulley and a blower pulley of 2.9" or smaller will net you as much as 100 degrees in IAT rise between the time you launch to the time you cross the traps. Heat is the biggest downside to spinning the radix fast, not it falling down on power at higher rpm. The radix makes great power at higher rpm...
Old 04-06-2006, 05:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zippy
I believe the radix falling off at high rpm is misunderstood. The radix has a problem with high rpm if you're running a small pulley, but it doesn't show up on the dyno. The problem shows up at the track and on the street. Running a stock diameter crank pulley and a blower pulley of 2.9" or smaller will net you as much as 100 degrees in IAT rise between the time you launch to the time you cross the traps. Heat is the biggest downside to spinning the radix fast, not it falling down on power at higher rpm. The radix makes great power at higher rpm...
Can we say "methanol"? Hoses coming today... I hope.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Right on You're gonna have to inform me a bit about pinning the crank and its benifits. Shoot me a PM when you have time and I'll try searches Was your last dyno with the current setup? IE: Pinned crank, head work etc?

I want to know what needs to be done as well to pin the crank. If I'm going to be already in there, then I might as well do it.
Does anone want to pitch in a give me hand if I decide to do a cam and converter as well???
I need all the help I can get to get this done right the first time.
What mods will I also need to try and prolong the life of my tranny?

Jim
Old 04-06-2006, 07:48 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
Old 04-06-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pin your crank Pulley:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/in...howtopic=21440

Its easy, and can only help. BTW, I am having difficulty hitting higher psi as well with a small pulley (2.8" pulley - now seeing 8.5-9psi, on an LQ9) I would love to be over 10psi. I am now shooting meth so IAT's hardly go above 120 after a 0-100mph run in 60* ambient with a hot motor. We'll see in the summer...

Last edited by krambo; 04-06-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JimS
Can we say "methanol"? Hoses coming today... I hope.
I need to see some pics...where are poeple spraying meth on the Radix...w/ my 2.8 pulley i go from 110* to 170* in no time! ... I spray a 35 shot in the black intake tube, but i can't see a difference in IAT's.
Thanks,
Damon

FWIW w/ the 2.8 i am getting about 11.5 psi boost on my 5.3.

Quick Reply: Is There A Bigger Radix Kit Coming?