PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   FORCED INDUCTION (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/)
-   -   Is There A Bigger Radix Kit Coming? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/there-bigger-radix-kit-coming-362662/)

CHEVY6000VHO 04-04-2006 09:32 PM

Is There A Bigger Radix Kit Coming?

I've "heard" that there will be a bigger Radix unit for our trucks.
Was wondering how true or rumored out this actually is?
If they will be offering a larger kit, when is the expected date it will be out to purchase?
This will be the only way I will do the Radix kit.

Jim

BlownChevy 04-04-2006 09:40 PM

As of right now there are no plans for the supercharger system for the trucks to get a larger supercharger. The MP112 will supply your high compression 6.0 more than enough air to blow the pistons out of it. I am sure that there will be an "upgrade" available sooner or later using the MP122.

CHEVY6000VHO 04-04-2006 09:50 PM

I tend to differ about it having enough boost to "blow" the pistons out.
There needs to be more than 7-9psi of boost to do that.
I was hoping for the larger kit sooner than later. I may be just waiting or going the Livernois route.

Jim

BlownChevy 04-04-2006 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
I tend to differ about it having enough boost to "blow" the pistons out.
There needs to be more than 7-9psi of boost to do that.
I was hoping for the larger kit sooner than later. I may be just waiting or going the Livernois route.

Jim

Tend to deffer with ya too. That blower will easily make 10-12 psi on a 6.0 ;) As for the livernois kit, that is an outstanding set up! First class in the conventional turbo set ups IMO.

I do not think you will ever see a MP122 on a EO certified supercharger system for the trucks. I know that Magnuson is testing the MP122 as we speak, I would not expect to see it available for 90 or so days.

CHEVY6000VHO 04-04-2006 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Tend to deffer with ya too. That blower will easily make 10-12 psi on a 6.0 ;) As for the livernois kit, that is an outstanding set up! First class in the conventional turbo set ups IMO.

I do not think you will ever see a MP122 on a EO certified supercharger system for the trucks. I know that Magnuson is testing the MP122 as we speak, I would not expect to see it available for 90 or so days.

I agree with you about the Livernois having a superb set-up and great fit and finish.
Though I still don't thing even 10-12 psi will hurt the LQ9 6.0L.
Power does fall off in the upper rpm's with the Radix. I'd rather have the Radix, but I was told by a well known source that majority of us use here tell me that the 6.0L maxes out the 112 Radix unit. That it is more suitably fitted for the 4.8 & 5.3L engines.
I would like to use the Livernois kit, but do not know how it will react to everyday driving or towing a 6,000+lbs boat & trailer package.
I just want a great FI unit that will offer extra flexibility for more power later down the road.

Jim

krambo 04-05-2006 07:07 AM

:zzz:

There is a need for a larger one IMO...

DanaliHD 04-05-2006 07:35 AM

just buy the new whipple. that beast will be all you'll ever need to blow some shit up.

OnyxSilveradoSS 04-05-2006 07:37 AM

you are NOT surposed to tow with the livernios, too much heat. It will take some work covering all the stuff that will melt if you tow with one, That is the only draw back instead of making it so you could they just said you cant????

BlownChevy 04-05-2006 08:56 AM

but I was told by a well known source that majority of us use here tell me that the 6.0L maxes out the 112 Radix unit. That it is more suitably fitted for the 4.8 & 5.3L engines.
Jim

Not sure who that well known source is, but he is mistaken. The Radix can easily feed a 6.0 with enough boost to make 500-550 rwhp, seen it, done it. If you are looking for reliable HP, complete kit, and towing/street power then this is your ONLY choice for a supercharger system. 90% of the people on the road do not come close to maxing out this supercharger system on the street. This is an age old argument, at this point it is a dead horse.

F8L Z71 04-05-2006 11:08 AM

I agree with you about the Livernois having a superb set-up and great fit and finish.
Though I still don't thing even 10-12 psi will hurt the LQ9 6.0L.
Power does fall off in the upper rpm's with the Radix.
Jim

Actually you are wrong. :) Not trying to be a dick but thats the truth.

The power doesnt fall off in the upper RPM, especially if you chose the right cam. Also you are running high compression so its plenty easy to blow up the motor with only 5psi let alone 12psi. You are getting caught up in PSI #s where you should be concerned with HP #s. The Radix can supply enough CFM to get over 500rwhp on your motor NP. If you're looking for more than that then that is understandable.

This is barely tuned on 5psi. Doesnt seem to fall off in the upper RPMs to me :)
http://fatalfoo.com/pics/Cars/Z71%20...ix%20Dyno1.jpg