FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix is on, Here I go thinkin Part II

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
My lawd, you got any tire smoking vids yet. This is taking longer then revolution did..
Old 08-27-2012, 08:04 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Just thought I'd point this out. Please see original post on this thread, what, wasn't it like 8-13, then had powdercoated fittings done, I drove on it, tore it down, fixed a serious issue, & moved on to my next phase. All inside of 2 wks.

Careful who u doubt.

2025 huh? Wow that came up fast.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-505583/page7/
I'm not sure how you tell time Tom, but I know your damn slow at blower installs . Haha

I am also going to have your smilie privileges taken away as you abuse them Wayyyy too much

Ok waiting for the 10 page reply .........
Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIM Z
I'm not sure how you tell time Tom, but I know your damn slow at blower installs . Haha

I am also going to have your smilie privileges taken away as you abuse them Wayyyy too much

Ok waiting for the 10 page reply .........
Slow how? Cause I built my trans 1st, before a blower blew it up? Since a stock 60E is borderline to start? And I already want more boost.

Or cause I decided it'd be wiser to do all my supporting mods so I didn't have a blower in the way, or anything it ties to?

Or cause I had to save up til I could afford the trans after the Radix purchase while workin a part time job?

And that I hafta use someone else's garage while I do it on my vacation so my life doesn't get further complicated?

Or cause I ran into problems during my install that good people helped me out either thru text, phone or in person?
Perhaps my lack of experience in havin never done a S/C didn't help. But then again some of the other stufff on this truck I never did before. That's why it's called experience.

I may not have the fastest or best lookin, but my budget dictates & when they are there, my time constraints, can be overwhelming. I put my heart & soul into everything I do. I have a lot of respect for Roger, Jarrod, & Pat among others.

So no 10 pg. whatever, wherever that came from. My threads when I can, I try to help others thru pic & words, so they don't hafta make same mistakes I did.

No smilies either.

If someone wants to be a keyboard warrior, that's fine. I will help just about anyone, if I possess the knowhow. If I'm unsure, I'll say I think this ... or that. When I'm wrong, I can admit.

Hopefully my response is acceptable. If it's not, I can do another but it may lack the eloquence. No spit & polish.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I think Tim was just giving you a hard time.

I like that Trick tank. Where is the pump mounted? My problem is that I have my inlet and outlet on the h/e on the driver's side, so the hoses would be routed back across the hot engine bay if I went with this. But it looks sexy so might be worth it.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:34 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71

I like that Trick tank. Where is the pump mounted? My problem is that I have my inlet and outlet on the h/e on the driver's side, so the hoses would be routed back across the hot engine bay if I went with this. But it looks sexy so might be worth it.
Just re-mount the HX with the nipples on the passenger's side. That's how mine is, just took about 10 minutes to make it happen.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont pay attn to Tim. He lost a few screws in his rocker.

I gotta make me a water box, i have mine in a loop right now with one them heater hose flush kits with a 'T' in it so i could fill it.
I think it held about a gallon.

Time to break out the stainless and TIG!!

(typo....)

Last edited by nonnieselman; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Just re-mount the HX with the nipples on the passenger's side. That's how mine is, just took about 10 minutes to make it happen.
that could work (but I would likely have to pull the bumper off too, mine is the big CTS-V one)

Name:  P1040724.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  152.1 KB

/thread hijack
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps he was. Movin on to more important things.

That's no problem on HX I & O comin off Driver's side, mine do too. I thought I posted a pic, but maybe that's in Part 1. If u need it, just ask me.
I never moved pump. Just took it off old 1 QT reservoir bottle, & just visualize, it's folded or flipped hose over to pass. side. Snake it around back there til u like how it looks (u may lose a few drops, but pinch off pliers minimize that). It's easy TX. No extra cuts, no excess either.

But the other hose needs to be longer likely. Luckily I had extra left over from Maggie, & extra in my reserve hose parts stock. The bigger hose that goes to pump was from my parts stock. Ya, I know, not everyone has hose left from previous projects. But an adapter between 2 diff. sizes is needed.

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Not needed on mine.

...that could work (but I would likely have to pull the bumper off too, mine is the big CTS-V one)

/thread hijack
U should probably gimme your CTS-V then & u use my stock Radix HX.

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-29-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: More info added.