FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger Blow off valve > Tial, GReady, ect.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger Blow off valve > Tial, GReady, ect.

Hey guys can i install a this types of BLOW-OFF Valves Tial, GReady, turbosmart ect. in a Procharger setup with a 4.8L at max 7lbs... Or will i need one from Procharger, this truck i will be installing the procharger will not be for racing it will be more off a Show truck... Procharger will be there more for looks under the hood. I currently have a GReady Blow-off valve i wanna install to the st-up thats why im asking.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I believe the procharger valve is a bypass valve not a blow off valve. The valves used in supercharger applications function differently than valves for a turbo set up. I'm sure someone can expand on this is a little more. So to answer your question I don't think turbo blow off valve will work properly on a supercharger application.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went down this road.. You can run one, but it is not rec and won't function the right way.. I have read that alot of people have horrible surging, probs with the valve not staying closed all the time, making funky noise under reg driving.. The BO valve works opp of how the bypass valve works.. It(byepass valve) stays open the hole time, so you not putting stress on the throttle blade, blower wheel while reg driving and then closes after the vacuum is gone from being under boost. A blow off does just the opp, is closed all the time, only opens after the throttle blade vacuum sucks it open..
Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

If you just want it for looks, I'll take it and I'll send you a polished intake tube and a noise maker...
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok ill just install a a blowoff vale and the surge valve...both. and the procharger is still going in no matter what we already have everything installed i just wanted to know about this valve thing since im new to the procharger world, thanks anyways. and i just got a regula black surge valve from a local friend.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

procharger makes a really nice looking race bypass valve you can find here
http://www.procharger.com/store/inde...6326b091c0005c
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah but for 400 they can stick that up there stink hole.....

IM not sure how a BOV and the bypass is going to work...
Old 05-05-2009, 01:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have this one - ProFlo Surge Valve
ProFlo Surge Valve…
Old 05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Yah but for 400 they can stick that up there stink hole.....

IM not sure how a BOV and the bypass is going to work...
Thats what I say, but if he was wanting it for show it will work better than a BOV. I have the proflow also and it works perfect. All the blow off valves do is prevent pressure from spiking past its setpoint when the throttle slams shut. It is supposed to save the rotor blades on a turbo or give that nice psshhhhhh sound that we cant get enough of. If you add it with the proflow then you would probably loose most of that sound if they are set identical because of the area that the air has to escape is so much greater than on one BOV.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike06tork
i have this one - ProFlo Surge Valve
ProFlo Surge Valve…
If your running this stock Procharger Bypass valve, the blowoff valve won't do anything. Unless your running a track only car, Procharger recommends a bypass style valve be installed with their Superchargers to eliminate compressor surge. If you don't, the surging hammers the procharger bearings. Also, the bypass valve eliminates any of the supercharger HP loss while your under cruise and light throttle conditions. With the bypass open under vacumn, the boost is bleed off (either recuirculated back into the air filter and released to the atmosphere) and the supercharger spins without resistance of generating boost. As soon as you hit the throttle and vacumn drops, the bypass closes and your boost hits. When you slam the throttle shut, the bypass valve re-opens and vents off the boost to eliminate compressor surge. You can hear the rush but you don't get the ricer shoosh with the Proflo (then flapper valve releases the pent up boost more gradually than a typical "ricer" blow off valve).

I think the blow off valve will work in a system with a bypass valve but you won't get the "whoosh" because both are venting boost.

If you want the "whoosh" with all the benefits of a bypass valve, install a Vortech Race bypass Valve.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=25

I have run these on 4 different Procharger systems and am using one on my twin turbo kit. You get the benefit of th estock style bypass and the "whoosh" that lets everyone know something is under the hood.

Rick

Last edited by Rick_Vor; 05-05-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Procharger Blow off valve > Tial, GReady, ect.