FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Positive Displacement Blower Options

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmm, let's think about this rationally. The roush blower and maggy use the same eaton rotors group, so if the roush sucks then we can postulate that the maggy sucks too since they're in essence the same blower.

I would like to see some sort of comparison about responsiveness between the 1900 and the 2300. Personally I don't know how you could tell one is more responsive than the other since these blowers have an inherently ridiculous amount of low end tq.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where can you get warranty work done on them? Ford won't let Roush touch those blowers anymore or else they'll lose their deal with ford. Roush can't afford that. I've seen a few
Roush blowers on trucks and theyre noisy. How about doing a pulley swap? Save yourself the hassle and just get a Magnuson. As far as 1900 being more responsive? Where is your facts on that? I've had both 1900 and 2300 and the 2300 is far more responsive. You can't compare the 1900 and 2300 with boost. Compare them to blower rpm. A 1900 with an overdriven crank and a 2.7 will run hotter and less efficient than the 2300 with the same pulley setup.This wasn't meant to turn into a pissing match.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by TXBlownTBSS
Where can you get warranty work done on them? Ford won't let Roush touch those blowers anymore or else they'll lose their deal with ford. Roush can't afford that. I've seen a few
Roush blowers on trucks and theyre noisy. How about doing a pulley swap? Save yourself the hassle and just get a Magnuson. As far as 1900 being more responsive? Where is your facts on that? I've had both 1900 and 2300 and the 2300 is far more responsive. You can't compare the 1900 and 2300 with boost. Compare them to blower rpm. A 1900 with an overdriven crank and a 2.7 will run hotter and less efficient than the 2300 with the same pulley setup.This wasn't meant to turn into a pissing match.
Yes exactley its not a pissing match, But your statement is way off and incorrect and it doesnt matter as they arent around anymore to buy anyway.

But as far as warranty work goes, that is a non issue, IT IS AN EATON TVS SERIES ROTOR CASE !! What warranty work would you need???

And i never say mine is better, but my truck runs with or better than similair maggie setups. Am i a maggie hater, hell no i like em all and wish i had a 2300.

My blower is quiet. I wish it whined more. And actually the lower tub on my kit is better than the maggie unit as it has more room for the air to be cooled before its in the cylinders. But I could care less as it works awesome for me.

I had my kit machined to accept maggie pullies so no biggie there either.

So think what you want

Rant done.

OP I do suggest like others have said if you have the budget and would like a great performing setup that will also grow with you than a 2300 would be what i would buy, But a 1900 will do you just the same and be a little less money.Either one will put the largest smile on your face youve ever had !!!!

And as far a heat from the 1900 to the 2300, sure it might look better on paper but in the REAL world we dont all do back to back to back 1/4 mile runs or need to squeeze every * of timing we can, 95% of us want a good reliable power adder that will run great and not just max effort . Just want to be able to beat the mustang or camaro or vette next to us haha!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Yes exactley its not a pissing match, But your statement is way off and incorrect and it doesnt matter as they arent around anymore to buy anyway.

But as far as warranty work goes, that is a non issue, IT IS AN EATON TVS SERIES ROTOR CASE !! What warranty work would you need???

And i never say mine is better, but my truck runs with or better than similair maggie setups. Am i a maggie hater, hell no i like em all and wish i had a 2300.

My blower is quiet. I wish it whined more. And actually the lower tub on my kit is better than the maggie unit as it has more room for the air to be cooled before its in the cylinders. But I could care less as it works awesome for me.

I had my kit machined to accept maggie pullies so no biggie there either.

So think what you want

Rant done.

OP I do suggest like others have said if you have the budget and would like a great performing setup that will also grow with you than a 2300 would be what i would buy, But a 1900 will do you just the same and be a little less money.Either one will put the largest smile on your face youve ever had !!!!

And as far a heat from the 1900 to the 2300, sure it might look better on paper but in the REAL world we dont all do back to back to back 1/4 mile runs or need to squeeze every * of timing we can, 95% of us want a good reliable power adder that will run great and not just max effort . Just want to be able to beat the mustang or camaro or vette next to us haha!
Tim the roush is junk... sell it to me. You need a 2300 anyway
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Tim the roush is junk... sell it to me. You need a 2300 anyway
Or a 76mm whistle

Sorry but this is where i feel bad for the OP just trying to get info and we ***** his thread!