FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

No AWD dyno- HP estimates?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No AWD dyno- HP estimates?

Hey guys- I am finishing up my build on my 2013 Escalade. I looked through threads and my eyes are blurry from reading all the builds. Curious if anyone has a setup similar to mine and what their numbers are- OR any educated estimates on what I may be looking at. Thanks!

6.2 with the LSA blower with ZL1 brick and heat exchanger
2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley(around 10psi)
walbro 525lph in tank pump
Boost ref regulator set to 60psi
850cc injectors
LSA fuel rail
4” cold air intake
-8an feed line with factory feed used for return (this is a deadhead system)
-TSP 1 7/8 Longtubes
-TSP L92 Stage 1 VVT-1 Camshaft: 216/229, .600/.600, 114 LSA 107 ICL
-Texas Speed 7.40 Chromoly Pushrod
- Texas Speed Polished .660" Dual Valve Spring Kit :160 lb. @ 1.80", 415 lb. @ 1.15", CB @ 1.015" W/ Titanium Retainers
-CompCams Cam Phaser Limiter Kit
- LS7 GM Lifters
-DOD Delete
-MSD Super Conductor wires
-Running on E85

let me know what you guys think!
Old 01-14-2022, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 344 Likes on 264 Posts

Do you have access to your tune? If you can post how much fuel it is commanding then you can get an idea on the power it should be making.
The following users liked this post:
TorqueBT (02-03-2023)
Old 01-14-2022, 07:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by wretched73
Do you have access to your tune? If you can post how much fuel it is commanding then you can get an idea on the power it should be making.
Is there a formula for this? I've heard it mentioned in the past but have never seen any data or anything to base the guesstimation on.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

If you have HP tuners here is how you use the scanner. I wouldn't swear by these numbers though

RedXray (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wretched73
I will in a few days. The last parts showed up last night so the weekend will be spent finishing it up- I was just curious at the moment bc I’m ready to get it fired up and running.

I will check out the video to see what I may have been making before the addition of the cam and e85 and such, and get an idea of the gains. I use hptuners so can check my previous logs. Is there ANY accuracy to the channel that shows “hp” or “torque”? I am sure it’s not but was wondering what those actually represent.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 344 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Is there a formula for this? I've heard it mentioned in the past but have never seen any data or anything to base the guesstimation on.
Its along the lines of X amount of fuel should support Y amount of HP. I don't know what the actual formula is.

It is not exact due to all the variables, but it should give you enough of a ball park.

We used this formula for my buddy's turbo LT1 with a holley terminator. The dyno we put it on is a Dyno Dynamics unit which are notorious for producing HP numbers 10-15% lower than a mustang dyno
Yukon_inferno (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Well thought out combination. Should be an absolute beast right off idle and up. I wouldn't get too hung up on peak power. Your area under the curve is going to get thing moving quickly. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the first number registered on a chassis roll started with 6XX.
Yukon_inferno (01-14-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice combo, the cam reminds me of the Thunder Racing LS2 Cheater I had. I'm not up on what the 525 supports but those 850's will probably get stretched out on E in a hurry (80% DC+).

LSA is rated at 556 (9psi) from the factory for reference, so you've added a little more camshaft, good exhaust, and supporting mods. I'd guess you'll crest the 5xx awhp at current psi and have to put the party pulley on it to get to 6xx.

Weight vs mph will give you a much closer idea once you are ready.

Should put a smile on your face driving though!
Old 01-14-2022, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 68Formula
Well thought out combination. Should be an absolute beast right off idle and up. I wouldn't get too hung up on peak power. Your area under the curve is going to get thing moving quickly. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the first number registered on a chassis roll started with 6XX.
thanks!! I’m pretty excited to get her up and running. I’m not terribly concerned about the numbers on the Hp, more so about actual driving performance
Old 01-14-2022, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ALL ULL C
Nice combo, the cam reminds me of the Thunder Racing LS2 Cheater I had. I'm not up on what the 525 supports but those 850's will probably get stretched out on E in a hurry (80% DC+).

LSA is rated at 556 (9psi) from the factory for reference, so you've added a little more camshaft, good exhaust, and supporting mods. I'd guess you'll crest the 5xx awhp at current psi and have to put the party pulley on it to get to 6xx.

Weight vs mph will give you a much closer idea once you are ready.

Should put a smile on your face driving though!
The injectors were something I was sort of wondering about, but I have to start somewhere with getting the setup dialed in while not getting kicked out of the house for overspending hahaha

when you say party pulley, which one is that? I have all sorts of interest in more power! I just want to also be able to stomp some hemis while I’m at it. Or at least off the line!

Quick Reply: No AWD dyno- HP estimates?