FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New 2300 Massive intercooler. :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:57 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Im sure thats true for one dyno pull
Very true, that is why we have tested and engineered the gap on the salt of Bonneville and the streets of the USA over the last 10 years.

If you are wondering WHY that gap is there, it is simple it slows the air down and forces the air to go through the entire intercooler....allowing the intercooler to do its job. Would a larger intercooler work better....Sure, but it would require us to work outside of the fitment envelope of some of the applications.

Rick is doing a stellar job, I was just making light of the "gap" and its engineered purpose. The one thing you need to be careful of is having an adverse affect on the delta p. Once you have changed the pressure drop after the cooler, you have adversely effected the performance.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Hey Brian, yea we will be off the bottom of the intake some. Increasing air flow through the core. Now the core is thicker so it will take a tad longer to get through. We are also increasing the distance from the bottom of the blower to the IC. This will allow the charge to expand more and cover a larger area, without needing the back pressure to force it out.

I know about staying inside a fitment range it sucks sometimes when your hands are tided. I love building custom stuff.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to ***** up your thread but since were talking of gaps. since the outlet of the supercharger is much smaller area wise then the area of the bottom of the tub with which it fills.. with a small gap doesnt the air want to flow through that section directly below outlet more so then the rest of the IC? and then if you are close to the bottom wouldnt the runners opposite the outlet seem to get more air? I would think more gap the better. hell i would even think some type of partition on the outlet to divide up the air across the whole IC would be good too. maybe im thinking of this all wrong but it would be nice to hear the engineering side of this
Old 11-18-2010, 11:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Very true, that is why we have tested and engineered the gap on the salt of Bonneville and the streets of the USA over the last 10 years.

If you are wondering WHY that gap is there, it is simple it slows the air down and forces the air to go through the entire intercooler....allowing the intercooler to do its job. Would a larger intercooler work better....Sure, but it would require us to work outside of the fitment envelope of some of the applications.

Rick is doing a stellar job, I was just making light of the "gap" and its engineered purpose. The one thing you need to be careful of is having an adverse affect on the delta p. Once you have changed the pressure drop after the cooler, you have adversely effected the performance.
I agree the tvs are sweet blowers! I still believe they could use some help in the cooling department . I understand that you need to keep size down for clearance issues.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
I agree the tvs are sweet blowers! I still believe they could use some help in the cooling department . I understand that you need to keep size down for clearance issues.
I was not trying to argue with you! I was just bringing the engineering behind it to light.

Per the help, I have always thought the 30* over ambient we run is pretty damn good....and certainly better than the ole trusty 112.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I was not trying to argue with you! I was just bringing the engineering behind it to light.
Per the help, I have always thought the 30* over ambient we run is pretty damn good....and certainly better than the ole trusty 112.
I also build one for the 112/122.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
I also build one for the 112/122.
LOL at your new sig
Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

VERY NICE!

Watching close....
Old 11-19-2010, 06:26 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thing there is a Gap between me and everyone else in the hp truck world running the TVS2300!

Some modification nesc. But well worth it!

Practically drive it anywhere!

thanks Brian

Love the new IC Rick!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by supersub
Good thing there is a Gap between me and everyone else in the hp truck world running the TVS2300!

Some modification nesc. But well worth it!

Practically drive it anywhere!

thanks Brian

Love the new IC Rick!
Proof is in the pudding...

I know the lightning/cobra guys have good success with larger intercoolers..looks good Rick!

Quick Reply: New 2300 Massive intercooler. :)