FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finishing LSA install PLEASE

Old 12-22-2018, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finishing LSA install PLEASE

I installed an LSA SC kit on my 08 Denali last Tuesday. I'm stuck and here are the issues i need help with. It's been a pain in the butt getting this thing done.
MAP sensor does not plug up. I received an "adapter" for it but it doesn't plug up either.
Heat Exchanger Bracket. I can't seem to figure out how to make a bracket for the heat exchanger. I don't weld.
Still haven't figure out a belt size yet. Not a clue...
IAT. Am i cutting beige and beige/blk wire to connect to pigtail for the LSA lid? These wires come from the 5 wire harness for the MAF. So am I t-tapping these 2 wires or cutting them off the harness?
Need a source from the fuse box for heat exchanger pump. Where do I get this from?
I researched but the data online is either vague or they don't have enough pictures to see what they're talking about. Thanks for your time.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For heat exchanger brackets you can make some
out of some flat stock you can get from Lowes. It might cost about $15 and get some self tapping screws. Any ignition source will work. You can use a relay and tap into the bcm for ignition power. The green plug should be a violet wire I believe Id have to check, then grab ground, and 12v from the bcm at the black connector should be a red/blue wire. Get the zr1 map sensor it will bolt in. You might have to repin the wires. For the iat sensor if you have one. The wires dont matter its a loop. Cut the two wires from the maf sensor and extend them to the iat sensor. Id have to check back, it was a thread about it somewhere.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have the wiring colors on me for your year truck, However Google Maf break out wiring and you will see. In the newer tucks there is a built in map in the maf and it shares the signal ref wire so you can't cut that one. I agree just re pin to you connector.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your responses guys. I'll get back on this tomorrow .
Old 01-07-2019, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got it all finished. Brackets for heat exchanger, MAP sensor adapter, IAT wires, Bosch electric water pump and plumbing. Now does anyone know who rents trailers to haul my truck to Houston to dyno shop?
Old 01-08-2019, 05:51 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

U-haul
Old 01-08-2019, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think it will fit a crewcab truck. Will it?
Old 01-08-2019, 10:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Check with general rental yards. A lot of them rent trailers for full size too. I know a place on the northside of Houston that rents them. but probably easier to find one in your town.
Old 01-19-2019, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay so I ended up limping her to Houston at 30 mph on a cold rainy night Wednesday after I got someone to cover my back half at the FD. Thursday morning washed her drove up and down then hit Dyno shop. Tuning went great. Injectors and pump are maxed. Little issues like moving water pump lower, bleeding 3-4CCs of air from heat exchanger and ZL1 lid. Per tuner she made 550/550 @ the wheels give or take 10 horses. She drives great and feels strong and healthy. I would like big better injectors, fuel pump and better water pump for blower. Any tips or ideas?