NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Finishing Install, Have Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finishing Install, Have Questions.

Hey, I asked quiet a few questions last year when I first started the install. I have till summer this year to finish it since thats when I start driving the truck again. It gets parked in the cold, snowy canadian winters. Anyways my truck is a 97 gmc ecsb. 5.7 vortec. Headers, exhaust, intake, e-fans, msd wires, westers tune. When I first started the install I had the msd 6a box also. Since I didn't feel much of a gain I put it on my 94 tbi 350 suburban. Which it actually made a difference on.

I know a nitrous install can be done in a day or 2 and i've taken months, but I would like to learn as much as possible before start spraying. I had a few more questions I hope I can get help with. I have the NOS single power fogger wet kit.

With a window switch, how exactly do I go about wiring it up, and what brands are recommended. I have an idea of wiring it up, just want to make sure.

With a fuel and nitrous pressure gauge. Is it recommended to just put a gauge on the fuel line and nitrous gauge on tank or do alot of people go with putting them in the cab? I would assume it would be alot more user friendly being able to see it all sitting in the cab, but would cost more to do it this way. Just seeing what people prefer.

I will be going with ngk tr6's since there a degree colder plug, what is a good plug gap to start with?

I also a wester's tune and have contacted him and he insures me it will handle a 50-75 fine. If I bump up higher a re-tune will be neccessary.

I want to get this basicly hooked up and working before I start adding on all the accessorys such as remote bottle opener, bottle heater, ect.

When arming the nitrous to spray once it kits a certain rpm, when you shift in that rpm range is it alright to be spraying through the shifts, i've heard your not suppose to.

I've read the threads on here for as much info/knowledge as possible. Just thought I would get some more advice. Anything I should/will need please let me know. I will also install a purge kit, and fpss. I know I probably sound like I know nothing about any of this and shouldn't be installing a kit but I more less asked questions I probably already know the answer to I'm just double guessing myself and want to make sure I have this system set up the right way.
Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spray thru the shifts but compared to the total power the nitrous is only a little boost in my case.
As far as gauge, mine is on the bottle and I cannot see it from my seat but i really don't think having it in front of me is worth the $$ of getting an electrical gage wired up and mounted.
Fuel pressure gauge? I have one mountd on the pillar, electrical.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I never got many replies originally. But I do have another question.

Is there any problems with mounting my purge solenoid acouple inches away from my nitrous solenoid. I don't have enough room to mount the purge solenoid directly to the nitrous solenoid so I was planning on running it a few inches off and connecting them with the proper line.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as its before the nitrous solenoid, i couldnt see a problem, long as its not too far away. you wouldnt want it 10" away or any crazy distance, because it can still leave air in the line.