FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Making a MP112 run cooler.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
I have wondered if you could increase the size of the 112 IC core inside the intake to the size of the TVS ones???
YOu will need to know how much room you can raise the complete set up for a larger IC.
We built a 6" deep core for a Lightning, but had to add a spacer for the clearance.
If someone has a spear and some time we would be interested in building a deeper core.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

shouldve picked up one of those rousch kits for R&D
Old 05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 133 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad V10
This is what I have done to keep my maggie intercooler cool. I installed a custom HEX that I designed, along with a 20gpm pump. The HEX is 2.5" think. The Maggie and CTSV HEX are only 7/8" thick. My pre-intercooler water is not hotter than 3 degrees over ambient temp.
Would you mind sharing dimentions, core specs and fabricator source? I am looking into a custom HEX for my setup as I will be pulleying down soon and would like better heat transfer capacity than what I currently have.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad V10
+80F?
On my Escalade, which has a 6.2l engine with a ZR1 cam, CNC'd LS3 heads, headers and a TVS 1900 with a 2.8" pulley, I've done 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile runs and my water temp preintercooler is never 3 to 4 degrees above ambient temp because the larger HEX and pump is so effective.
The next thing I'm going to work on is doing away with all that and replacing the intercooler, built into the Maggie, with an A/C evaperator. Now it will be like driving around in wintertime.
The TVS is another beast though. I have the original radix pump and hxr setup I modified and my temps with TVS are around 110-15* at the end of the 1/4...if my memory serves me right. Where as same stuff on the radix and it would be 140* near the end, hell if not 150* sometimes. Yours are definitely lower do to the bigger HXR and pump to match which is sweet. But the TVS isn't fair to use as any comparison...that thing is crazy efficient.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics Bad V10. I too would like the specs, where you got it at , and cost of your HX. It hot here in Miami and with my setup its been 18-19* above ambient and when I wot it temp rise is slower and cools down much faster. I would still like to see my temps drop some more if I can.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

Also I talked to a guy that used his cobra as a guinea pig with meth. Hetold me that meth being injected threw the j-tube does nothing as far as cooling the IC because it has to pass through the rotors which are hot. So there is little advantage as far as cooling the IC down. I personally havent done any reading up on this so I dont know if there is any truth to this. Besides i dont care to have some more stuff that can have problems.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blownss06
Also I talked to a guy that used his cobra as a guinea pig with meth. Hetold me that meth being injected threw the j-tube does nothing as far as cooling the IC because it has to pass through the rotors which are hot. So there is little advantage as far as cooling the IC down. I personally havent done any reading up on this so I dont know if there is any truth to this. Besides i dont care to have some more stuff that can have problems.
I spray 100% meth thru the tube and I never noticed any lower IAT's from it. Maybe a little but nothing worth much. The meth is just an octane booster for me.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bad V10- will you pm me the info on your larger pump and HEX i might be looking to do something like this in the near future.

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
YOu will need to know how much room you can raise the complete set up for a larger IC.
We built a 6" deep core for a Lightning, but had to add a spacer for the clearance.
If someone has a spear and some time we would be interested in building a deeper core.

how much time we talkin? i got a 122hh i might be willing to donate to science for a little bit as long as i get it back in one peice
Old 05-22-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

So does anybody besides me use Water Wetter in their reservoir? And if so, has anybody done before/after logging to see if it makes any difference?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Avalanche2002
So does anybody besides me use Water Wetter in their reservoir? And if so, has anybody done before/after logging to see if it makes any difference?

I do. I strongly recommend the water/water wetter solution with no glycol. I noticed a 12 degree temp drop in mine when I tested the difference.

Quick Reply: Making a MP112 run cooler.