custom fmic with STS pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duwem
I would want some good power numbers, not just turbo sound
Helix Bore TB Spacer(for the turbo/super WOOOSH sound not the performance).

You mean like having a TB spacer? JK.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Snap!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:00 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Some people just dont have the money to buy it all at once. Hence buying the basic setup and ading the $1000 FMIC later on down the road. Its called expandability and good marketing on STS's part. ****** is broke these days yo! LOL
I didnt just wake up and have enough dough to buy all at once. Took me 2 years to get my truck the way it is. might not be much to some but affordability and upgadeability are 2 reasons i went the route i did. I totally agree any F I setup should be Intercooled but its nice to have a kit to play with and then upgrade as funds allow. Also i first new nothing about intercoolers, boost controlers, BOv's and other F I items but as i gained knowledge and saw what others were doing it became clear what is needed for a good all around F I kit.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Also i first new nothing about intercoolers, boost controlers, BOv's and other F I items but as i gained knowledge and saw what others were doing it became clear what is needed for a good all around F I kit.
That is probably the coolest thing about expanding as you go. You learn a ton more than you would just buying something and slapping it on.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is probably the coolest thing about expanding as you go. You learn a ton more than you would just buying something and slapping it on.
ITs Part your fault F8L Z71. I saw your truck on the STS site and had to have a kit for mine! (Also rode in my bud's Z71) But yes, your right on about the learning. Also learned a TON about Values and tuning.Thank God i learned with out hurting any thing but this site is a big help for that.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Amen to that! We have been working on the silverado for 2 years and have replaced everything on the truck at least once except the driveshafts and transfercase. Our first FI kit was a Powerdyne setup that was only a 6psi kit on our stock 5.3L with bolt ons. We had a ton of issues with it. First we couldn't keep the external belt from slipping and when we fixed that our boost level went to 12 psi and we could launch at 6psi. Then we started shredding the internal belt like it was going out of style. A new kevlar belt would only last 15-20 minutes because the trany shifted to fast and was to much load on the belt. Then we finally shattered three pistons and got rid of the charger setup and got the crate z06 LS6 engine and then after a while we put the magna w/radix on it. There was a ton of learning curve with the truck and it was a blast. We were to the point that we would have to do the 4L80E conversion but in the back of his mind and mine we knew that we weren't going to get to our goal. When we got the opportunity to buy the Chip Foose Regency RST we couldn't pass it up. Now we are about to embark on a new path that feels like the old one but we are starting out so much further down it this time that we can see the goal at the end.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
I dont have on of thses thou...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ADD-T...spagenameZWDVW

I love there comparison: =$3,500+ INSTALLED

=$18.95+S/H ($16.95 IN OUR EBAY STORE!)

I got the tb spacer cuz my buddy got 2mph more with his, but his was a poweraid or whatver, mine was a cheapo 30 buck one from ebay.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I got the tb spacer cuz my buddy got 2mph more with his, but his was a poweraid or whatver, mine was a cheapo 30 buck one from ebay.
Im not trying to slam you but I highly doubt your buddy got a 2mph gain from a TB spacer on a Gen III engine. More than likely he wasn't doing anything even remotely scientific when he did his TB Spacer testing. Hell most people never do. They go to the track in the summer and runa time, then hit the track in the late fall with a new muffler and claim the muffler gave em a better ET or MPH.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hotrod04
I want one, how about more info.
what kind of times do you have in the quarter with the sts turbo system? I have a GMC short wheel base 5.3 with zex 100 shot nitro, 4.10 rear eaton poss., headman headers, cold air induction, predator programmer, and throttle body spacer. I'm in the mid.13s with this truck in the 1/4 mile. Did the turbo set you where you wonted to be?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:30 PM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

yoru short wheel base...extended cab or regular?