FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Anymore Rear mount "fast" trucks...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Casey2323
HAHA... Love the story you drunk ***... Doesnt everyone Race with a Burger and a drink in their lap??.. Damn Procharger Drunks..
LMAO ... So since you cant get drunk in public because you do harm to yourself... you not just sit home and get drunk on PT ??...
I'm such a lame ***

That 410 would NOT BLOW UP !!!.... 2 years 125 dyno pulls and 250 track passes that POS was just as rock solid as when i got it back from WCCH !! I never even took the intake or Valve covers off...... I Gave up on that motor and gave it away to a guy from the Valley... its now n/a with a MS3 and nitrous........ he ask me how much could he spray to that motor .... I told him leave the Jets in the glove box...
Can we get a "quote of the year" thread going? This would be a contender IMO
Old 11-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That 410 would NOT BLOW UP !!!.... 2 years 125 dyno pulls and 250 track passes that POS was just as rock solid as when i got it back from WCCH !! I never even took the intake or Valve covers off...... I Gave up on that motor and gave it away to a guy from the Valley... its now n/a with a MS3 and nitrous........ he ask me how much could he spray to that motor .... I told him leave the Jets in the glove box...
Give me a holler some time if you need some help or anything, here soon the semester will be over with and Ill actually have time to do stuff again. I like that sayign about the nitrous. That was a stout *** motor, you could always shoot me a text with what youre up to next
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
When I had my SSS with a radix , I raced a Red SSS with an STS kit several times at the track ..All other mods pretty much the same between us and both at 7-8psi...I would annihilate him every time in the 1/8 mile...I was running 7.8 at the time to his 8.6....and have heard alot of similar stories

But then I see some good times posted and am impressed...I always thought rear mounts were a cool idea...and may own a kit one day
Letting my wife drive my truck at the track, her times were much slower than mine because she didnt stand on the converter enough to leave on enough boost. I can see the maggie having a big advantage in "instant" boost...always missed that with the sts. Out of the hole the sts is a dog unless you stand on the converter for a couple seconds. But if you do...youre freakin gone
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

11.81 on low boost whenI had the sts. As long as a guy can get some boost up before launch they work great. Hydroboost FTW. I could brake 9# at the track.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADAZZSS
11.81 on low boost whenI had the sts. As long as a guy can get some boost up before launch they work great. Hydroboost FTW. I could brake 9# at the track.
EDIT: also @ Z06TED..missed your post
I think the guy I raced at the track was unable to do so...But that definately makes alot of sense. He just couldnt get out of the hole and gain momentum..

-So what does it take in addition to the base kit to make your truck FAST??
Old 11-21-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
EDIT: also @ Z06TED..missed your post
I think the guy I raced at the track was unable to do so...But that definately makes alot of sense. He just couldnt get out of the hole and gain momentum..

-So what does it take in addition to the base kit to make your truck FAST??
At the time it was a stock 5.3 long block with a t72 turbo, large a/a intercooler, 01 zo6 cam, e85, supporting fuel system, stalled 80e, caltracs, hydroboost conversion,3.42's, and slicks.

Now its just a stock low mile LQ4,head studs, comp cam, trick hot pipes with t76 turbo. The complete drivetrain in my truck has had makeover from the engine to rearend since I purchased it. But money well spent, well sorta!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

"Fast" is relative lol. I would say the right converter is absolutely key for getting out of the hole. If you are rolling though, boost is just a pedal stab away. Even more fun on the street with vettes, camaros, mustangs, M3's especially from a dig in 4hi...its goodbye. I remember a poor 6 spd vette that got his *** handed to him 2 out of 2 about 5 bus lengths. The m3 v8 I had to slam on the brakes to keep from running over the top of him on a service road. Funny **** cause it idles and looks stock.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STS rear mount ...

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
"Fast" is relative lol. I would say the right converter is absolutely key for getting out of the hole. If you are rolling though, boost is just a pedal stab away. Even more fun on the street with vettes, camaros, mustangs, M3's especially from a dig in 4hi...its goodbye. I remember a poor 6 spd vette that got his *** handed to him 2 out of 2 about 5 bus lengths. The m3 v8 I had to slam on the brakes to keep from running over the top of him on a service road. Funny **** cause it idles and looks stock.
I wasnt mocking or calling anyone out... I just didnt know if anyone else has kept this idea and tried to do anything with it..... I know I was the last of an almost dead breed building rear mounts when i started... I was lucky to get around a few guys and make it into the 10s a few years ago.. But the Real Goal was nothing more then a huge learning Curve on how to tune, how turbos work and what they like.. and how far i could push it... I had to make a choice over the last few months on what my "new setup" would be... I just fought so hard i didnt want to "start over" ... My truck was going to just get some upgrades and has become a full on Build front to back !.. I will sit down tonight and try and upload a few pics of what the current Status is... even if it makes me
Old 11-21-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Give me a holler some time if you need some help or anything, here soon the semester will be over with and Ill actually have time to do stuff again. I like that sayign about the nitrous. That was a stout *** motor, you could always shoot me a text with what youre up to next
Thanks man...... My trucks out east of austin getting some Cage work done.... and them some reason axle work.. and been all down hill from there... I went back to WCCH for my new build since thier service and Products was able to handle all the abuse i could muster ... Rex has his space taken up by my junk for a few months no since we have made some upgrades as money and time allows... Maybe Richard will Chime in with a few pics of his work .. and maybe we can Get some engine build pics with Rex's classic T shirts
Old 11-21-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I wasnt mocking or calling anyone out... I just didnt know if anyone else has kept this idea and tried to do anything with it..... I know I was the last of an almost dead breed building rear mounts when i started... I was lucky to get around a few guys and make it into the 10s a few years ago.. But the Real Goal was nothing more then a huge learning Curve on how to tune, how turbos work and what they like.. and how far i could push it... I had to make a choice over the last few months on what my "new setup" would be... I just fought so hard i didnt want to "start over" ... My truck was going to just get some upgrades and has become a full on Build front to back !.. I will sit down tonight and try and upload a few pics of what the current Status is... even if it makes me
I was absolutely thrilled to see you take yours to the 9's. Freaking awesome for a rear mount or front. Mine was probably one of the very last builds that TRT did before they closed for good. It was just a mild street truck but they still did a great job imo. Wish they were still around. In the meantime, I'm anxious to see what you do next with a "real buildup". Congrats on your past and future success! I'm watching

Quick Reply: Anymore Rear mount "fast" trucks...