Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

07 Tundra 1/4 mile video inside...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
No matter what, it's a damn great running truck and that is something to be very proud of. I know in the past, the tolerances on Toyota engines were MUCH more accurate than American made and they had one of the very highest reliability ratings of any vehicle no matter what the price...not sure about now, haven't kept up. this was true About the video, the toyo looked like a pos, however I think it is just different spring rates and shock valving that caused the deadly suspension harmonics...my .02
or just the way they set the chassis up in the first place. look on/at a chassis for any major weight carring vehicle.... the tundra is not a ture ladder bar chassis. it has mabye 3? cross memeber built into the chassis?!?!?!? hell the chevy has 5-7iirc depending on the lenght. i think the ford has 7? and a boxed frame.
IMO the tundra should not do anything more than a DD and grocery getter if that. the chassis make the truck and obviously the screwed up again in that department . i would buy a ford before i bought a toy!

and they want to get into the light duty truck maket?!?!?!?!? they cant get the 1/2 right when it come to the work aspect of the truck

as for powertrian relibality if you want ill make another thread toyo aint doing so hot anymore Bone stock GM, Dodge, ford gas powertrain can hit 200k easy while bieng abused. last stan for toyo didnt work out well.... this time it looks like it is heading the same route
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Face it malibu795, your just a toyo hater. It's all good man, not everybody is supposed to them. Keep it clean
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikecheat04
Face it malibu795, your just a toyo hater. It's all good man, not everybody is supposed to them. Keep it clean
i like the inside of it and that is it..... hell i might buy one for daily driving and that would be it.
it is toyo churching it up to something it is not that i dont like. i will not pull 8-10k with any 1/2 ton truck (except maybe a the 1500HD or equivalant which is the old 3/4 ton of the 80-90s of 8600 pounds gvw). the the end user blindly believing and the end user saying it is 3/4 complyable is flat stupid.... fast yes, interior yep like it too i would love to have as much leg room in the back of my cc as i do in the front ..... untilitay part flat sucks. toyo is still thinkin car and not truck.. tho they are getting closer by each model the come out.... just wish they did it right the first time i remeber them call the tacoma a "fullsize truck" in commerscals when it came out...

i would like to see edmunds/ pickuptruck.com do a 1/2ton shoot out like they did the big three. nissian, toyo, ford, dodge, gm and 8,000 pound trailer abotu 75% tow capacity for all 3
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Junkie

not bad.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM
13 Second Truck Club

My truck won't see a lot of hauling so it's fine for what I use it for. I wanted something fast but could still be used as a truck if I ever really needed to. Besides, cars are for girls and family men. And a 1/2ton shoot out by emunds would be awesome, here's hoping
Old 08-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikecheat04
My truck won't see a lot of hauling so it's fine for what I use it for. I wanted something fast but could still be used as a truck if I ever really needed to. Besides, cars are for girls and family men. And a 1/2ton shoot out by emunds would be awesome, here's hoping
here's hoping as well
Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Launching!

I would both agree and disagree with the fact the new tundras are more a dd. I agree, but I think they tried to make them more flexible w/ the "more" heavy duty parts. They arent meant to compete with real work trucks like 3/4 ton Super Dutys.

IMO, they own the 1/2 ton market currently, best engine/tranny, best looking (IMO), they drive great, best interiors (IMO), more choices than anyone other than maybe Dodge.

Lastly, I dont really think you can call into question their reliability. Out of 96000+ trucks sold to this date, less than 50 have had the cam failure. Thats what? .015% of them. So 99.985% are on the road and goin strong. Not a bad success percentage for a brand new truck, in a brand new facility.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Tundra guys, My brother just picked up a crew-max 5.7, black with brown interior. Very nice truck. You just need to drop kick the aftermarket, no tuning?? WTF?? How can you mod anything w/o the ability to tune for it?? I am learning about his truck for him, he is not that performance orientated, when I handed him his *** with the SSS he was a little more interested in seeing what he could do.
welcome-nice trucks, can you get the rear window roll down on a reg cab??that is the sweetest thing, I call it the second sun roof.

Hey mods:Lets give the tundra guys a fourm, they could learn form some thing the other guys are doing. I have been at there site and it is young and these trucks are so new they could use some performance!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
Hey Tundra guys, My brother just picked up a crew-max 5.7, black with brown interior. Very nice truck. You just need to drop kick the aftermarket, no tuning?? WTF?? How can you mod anything w/o the ability to tune for it?? I am learning about his truck for him, he is not that performance orientated, when I handed him his *** with the SSS he was a little more interested in seeing what he could do.
welcome-nice trucks, can you get the rear window roll down on a reg cab??that is the sweetest thing, I call it the second sun roof.

Hey mods:Lets give the tundra guys a fourm, they could learn form some thing the other guys are doing. I have been at there site and it is young and these trucks are so new they could use some performance!
Nah, mine just has a classic sliding back glass. I dont think you can get the roll down unless its a crew.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by OnyxSilveradoSS
I agree, I think it'd be cool for them to have a forum spot. It's always nice having more friendly competition at the track!

Quick Reply: 07 Tundra 1/4 mile video inside...