Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

07 Tundra 1/4 mile video inside...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FRMRGM
Id like to see an sts on a tundra. the turbo might, and i stress "might" help a tad with the inevitable traction issues that will occur post power adder.
you think ?!?!?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great times bro! That's an awesome truck to have with more potential than most of the domestic's care to admit. I love my GM and will get a GM when I buy a new one but these new Tundra's are upping the ante which is great for us all really!!
Kudos!
And Malibu...that vid of the silver creek competition was sweet! Looked like the ford handled that comptetion better than the chebby did though. That tundra looked like it was gonna fall to pieces!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Great times bro! That's an awesome truck to have with more potential than most of the domestic's care to admit. I love my GM and will get a GM when I buy a new one but these new Tundra's are upping the ante which is great for us all really!!
Kudos!
And Malibu...that vid of the silver creek competition was sweet! Looked like the ford handled that comptetion better than the chebby did though. That tundra looked like it was gonna fall to pieces!
i got a DL from a guy the help make a new tundra commercail towing a tag trailer with a tractor on it..... the pull 3000+ pound off the tractor and it still had serious trouble getting to highway speed safely
Old 08-26-2007, 11:48 PM
KB
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by mikecheat04
I hear ya, I've seen where a few guys are working on getting that TM taken care of. Can't wait til they break it!

So you wrote a review for that truck?
Yep! Also made a video in the vids section.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a great time for a stock truck. I think that the Tundra's 6-speed and tall rear-ends really get those trucks moving.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by abbo7
Thats a great time for a stock truck. I think that the Tundra's 6-speed and tall rear-ends really get those trucks moving.
4.30 is a Short gear
3.73 is a Tall gear

bigger the ratio number the shorter the gear
Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by malibu795
i got a DL from a guy the help make a new tundra commercail towing a tag trailer with a tractor on it..... the pull 3000+ pound off the tractor and it still had serious trouble getting to highway speed safely
Yeah I've heard alot of horror stories and how alot of those commercials have things in them that aren't "accurate". From an overall perspective Toyota's got nothing on the big three YET...but this new tundra is stronger in a few areas but it's gotta along way to go until it's reliable and not breaking cams and not falling apart, etc...
So far though they have proven to be faster than any stock big three truck of comperable equipment. But going fast is not what a truck is all about...but certainly part of the equation for us gear heads.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Yeah I've heard alot of horror stories and how alot of those commercials have things in them that aren't "accurate". From an overall perspective Toyota's got nothing on the big three YET...but this new tundra is stronger in a few areas but it's gotta along way to go until it's reliable and not breaking cams and not falling apart, etc...
So far though they have proven to be faster than any stock big three truck of comperable equipment. But going fast is not what a truck is all about...but certainly part of the equation for us gear heads.
like i said in another thread there are a few area is like IE the interior CC room is bigger than ford for gm cc exccept the megacab.

there is no point in going fast if you cannot do it reliably.....True? no point in up gradeding the engine if you can stop
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

No matter what, it's a damn great running truck and that is something to be very proud of. I know in the past, the tolerances on Toyota engines were MUCH more accurate than American made and they had one of the very highest reliability ratings of any vehicle no matter what the price...not sure about now, haven't kept up. About the video, the toyo looked like a pos, however I think it is just different spring rates and shock valving that caused the deadly suspension harmonics...my .02
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malibu795
4.30 is a Short gear
3.73 is a Tall gear

bigger the ratio number the shorter the gear

tall is the new short

Quick Reply: 07 Tundra 1/4 mile video inside...