Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

carb'd gen IV LY6 6.0L w/GMPP LSX/LS3 dual plane intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that truck is insanely awesome. i really like that pcv setup you made. do you have to drain it often?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Launching!

06murder - yup!

chevyrace - too often right now. I'm going to tie in the passenger head (that is currently just vented) with a T so that the systems pulling from both valve covers. I've known these LS motors puke....but I didn't think it was that much! I'll be adding a air/oil separator/catch can to our TBSS.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TXoldskool
06murder - yup!

chevyrace - too often right now. I'm going to tie in the passenger head (that is currently just vented) with a T so that the systems pulling from both valve covers. I've known these LS motors puke....but I didn't think it was that much! I'll be adding a air/oil separator/catch can to our TBSS.
good to know, i think im gonna put one on the 6.0 im building for my 94 after hearing that
Old 05-16-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hey man im puting mine together as we speak...i have a few questions....the ground wire on the ls msd where u put urs at,n the pink ignition wire also....n the the lil whole in the intake underneth the carb n the 3/8 whole behide the carb...the valve cover valves the ones thaat stick out frm each cover...plz help...thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Launching!

1)I grounded the MSD to the block.
2)Pink ignition went to power circuit w/ignition on
3)not sure what hole you are talking about "under the carb? The rear hole in the base plate? If so...thats where I connected my vacuum hose for the power brakes.
4)I plugged the hole in the top of the intake behind the carb.
5)I ran rubber hose from the valve cover tube/hose to my air/oil separator and then to the large front vacuum port on my carb.

hope this helps...how about some pics or a link to your build?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Launching!

1) grounded MSD to the motor block
2)pink went to 12v "key on"
3)not sure what hole underneath the carb...unless you mean your baseplate?
4)hole behind the carb was plugged with 3/8 plug
5)valve covers have 5/16 or 3/8 hose going to my air/oil separator, then to the large front vacuum port on carb.
......if you mean the hole in the rear of the baseplate...thats where my vacuum hose to the power booster is.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Launching!

oooooooooooppppsssssssss! I guess I doubled up when I thought I lost the 1st post.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

lol...thanks man i have the victor jr intake theres to whole on it,where it looks like an hose fitting goes,one right behide the carb on the intake port,and another one on the carb bore...
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Hey, TXoldskool
Haven't been on for a while, your truck looks awesome. I'm going to look into your PCV system myself. Got mine running, can't believe the power. At this time it is getting the fuel system redone. I wish I would have ask more questions earlier. Had a Holley Blue with #8 out of the tank to pump and #8 out of pump to regulator. Then #6 to the carb. We went from the holley to a A1000 Aeromotive fuel pump. Now we've run #10 to the pump and #8 to the regulator. and #6 to the carb. Running a fuel log with a reg to the carb another to the fuel side of the nitrous, and a bypass reg for return to tank. Should make a more reliable and stable system.
Didn't mean to take over your build. Love your pickup. When will you be off to the track? Have a 1000 miles on mine and will be trying to be at the track on memorial day weekend. YEEEAAAA CARBED 6.0's........
Steve Sr.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Launching!

06murder....I can't say....need a pic or two.

Steve....Thanks! Running #8 all the way on mine...no return. Hoping to get to the track this weekend or next. Trans is puking occasionally....need to get that fixed before heading to the track. Also...changing my PCV setup to include both valve covers now with a T before the separator to tie in both lines, has slowed down how much oil's getting into the filter.

Quick Reply: carb'd gen IV LY6 6.0L w/GMPP LSX/LS3 dual plane intake