WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

I smell bacon!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I smell bacon!!!

6 hogs 6 shots
Wasnt fixin to go out in the cotton field to get the last one. We had hogs all around us and they sounded mad.

I was shootin 75gr PPU OTM loaded with a heafty charge of WC846. Dropped 5 in their tracks and a poor shot on one running and it ran about 50yds into the cotton and collasped. First one was shot from 50yds. The furtherest one was 175ish yards. It was getting foggy and visibility was gettin rough. That big one is roughly 250# and it was a perfect head on shot to the top of the skull. suppressed AR is just the ticket. Can get a couple out of the bunch before it really scares them.

Cant wait for tom night!!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like fun!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to go hog hunting, no hogs around here though,

So you have lots of them around you??

mmmmm Pig roast!!!!

Nice shootin tex!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Praise The Lowered

Man, you are lucky..can't do that in San Diego..I have always wanted to go hog hunting with my Dogs...looks like alot of fun!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:12 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i thought suppressors were illegal? i have a pellet gun that needs one lol. nice shootin. we have pigs everywhere around here. i run them over on my 4wheeler all the time and im right in the middle of the city lol. ive been wanting to take out the pellet gun and get me a small one but the damn thing sounds like a .22lr. cant shoot it around neighborhoods.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i thought suppressors were illegal? i have a pellet gun that needs one lol. nice shootin. we have pigs everywhere around here. i run them over on my 4wheeler all the time and im right in the middle of the city lol. ive been wanting to take out the pellet gun and get me a small one but the damn thing sounds like a .22lr. cant shoot it around neighborhoods.
No, suppressors are perfectly legal. However you have to fill out a bunch of paperwork basically giving permission to law enforcement to access your property at any time. I'm not certain on pellet rifles but apart from the waiting time, thats how it works for centerfire. Oh yeah, you also have to ask for permission from mommy...I.E the government.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by usmc3521
No, suppressors are perfectly legal. However you have to fill out a bunch of paperwork basically giving permission to law enforcement to access your property at any time. I'm not certain on pellet rifles but apart from the waiting time, thats how it works for centerfire. Oh yeah, you also have to ask for permission from mommy...I.E the government.

Depends on which state your in.
I went the trust route, no LEO sign off or anything like that. I put my dads name and mine on the trust. So he can take it and use it and he is legal.

If your doin it the LEO signoff, you are the only one that can legally use it and transport it.
And if the sheriff or LEO doesnt want you to have it, they can refuse it and you cant get it.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
we have pigs everywhere around here. i run them over on my 4wheeler all the time and im right in the middle of the city lol.
Thats awesome!!!

Death to all pigs!!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've got three in the pen that I trapped and cut back in March. Should be ready to have a .40 in the back of the brain come about Sept been feeding them out. I love wild pork
Old 07-17-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
Man, you are lucky..can't do that in San Diego..I have always wanted to go hog hunting with my Dogs...looks like alot of fun!
man i would love to go to ..but you do know theres open season year round last i've heard in california for wild hogs....the problem is i dont know **** about hunting...

GREAT KILL MAN .....

Quick Reply: I smell bacon!!!